our 6th camping trip so far this year - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
our 6th camping trip so far this year

next weekend we will go to port huron michigan.
i know,,,weird place to go but......40 years ago on the 25th my wife and i went there for a day trip the day after we were married. we basicly had one tank of gas and had to be at work monday morning so we couldn't really go anywhere. would be my first day on a new job. couldn't really ask for time off,,,,lol.

so fourty years, 2 sons and a daughter, 4 grandchildren, dogs cats rabbits an goldfish too numerous to name. jobs that we thought would kill us,,,and some that made us think we were royalty.
lives lived in a small town, Oxford michigan, decades of work in the community, scouting, elks lodge, and such.

and its only recently that she has begun to understand that when i look at her i still see that cute 17 year old standing at the end of her dads driveway, waiting for me to come pick her up in my amc gremlin.

don't forget to make some of your camping trips about the things that matter....each other.
and may god bless you with some of the joy he has given me.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #2

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I'm happy to hear that you did not lose your rose colored marriage glasses! Enjoy the weekend trip together, down Memory Lane in Port Huron (uh, what's the cross street there? lol).
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
6th camping trip so far this year.

Congratulation on your lives/memories together. I feel the same way with my wife (40 years also). We will be going up the west coast this summer to make new memories.
Happy Trails To You
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #4

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I'm happy to hear that you did not lose your rose colored marriage glasses! Enjoy the weekend trip together, down Memory Lane in Port Huron (uh, what's the cross street there? lol).
lol actualy the big cross street is the bluewater bridge that crosses the river and takes you to canada.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #5

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Wife and I found a nice brew pub right on the channel during a day trip there, sat outside on the patio with the dog for early dinner and watched the boats come in and out. It was nice and the food was good.

Maybe a couple or three blocks from the riverside park/museum. Big city lot across the street.

Enjoy yourselves and each other.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote