PA state park - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #1

Name: Dave & Karen
Trailer: 2014 Casita SD 17FT
Maryland
PA state park

My wife and I just returned from our 1st camping trip at French Creek State Park in Pa. Nice park with a beautiful lake. The park's campground has 3 loops, one loop has full hook ups and allow dogs and the other two have sites with and without electric. We just had electric. Nice size sites with plenty of trees in between. Fresh water was available throughout the loop. They offer boat, canoe & kayak rentals for use on the lake. Bathhouses were nice, just some stinkbugs. We used the casita's bathroom. Park rangers were very nice and helpful answering my questions about the park and the area. Hopewell Furnace Historical Site was only 5 mins away and we had a fun time there. We had a great time and plan to return in the winter, full hook up loop is open year round.
Attached Thumbnails
Rally & French Creek 423.jpg   Rally & French Creek 365.jpg  

Rally & French Creek 212.jpg  
Old 10-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
I've never RV camped at French Creek, but I spent many of weekends tent camping there year round when I worked in the area. Lots of hiking in the park and outside, including the 140 mile Horse-Shoe Trail that runs from Valley Forge to the Appalachian Trail, and passes through the park. I agree Hopewell is well worth the visit and there are hiking trails between the campground and the Furnace site - no need to drive even.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Been there a couple times. Park is very large, biggest pool i have ever seen, right next to lake. Lots to see, about a 30 minute drive to Lancaster. Many shops and eating places. French creek is about 1 1/2 hrs away from my house. May go down this week or next, for, I think, my final trip for the year. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote