Pacific Northwest Tour Advice - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #21

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Bobbie Mayer--the last bright idea I had on FGRV I got nominated by default and ended up with SAG--which might be a great place to discus YOUR great idea!

A rolling rally--egg rolling!

I'm adding it to the admittedly short agenda for the SAG!

BEST
Kai
Old 06-01-2017, 06:48 PM   #22

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Dry weather coincides with peak tourist season. The dry weather can stretch into September, so early September just after Labor Day can work. By October, the rain season is back, and it continues off and on until June (and sometimes until early July). This is for western WA and OR, the eastern parts of both of those states are drier and have fewer tourists too!

When we lived in western WA, camping on the other side of the mountains was our chance to see the sun. We did it a lot.

We were in western WA a couple of weeks ago and the rain season was definitely in full force.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #23

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Jon, I'm glad you asked the question, because we are starting to make plans for our trip to OR and WA next fall.
Looking forward to all the responses. Hope to hit the rally while we're up there too.
If you are a veteran with a disability, be sure to check out this page for Oregon park passes for Veterans with disabilities.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #24

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: TrailsWest
Washington
As several people said, there are some nice state parks on the Oregon Coast. One place to consider going is the Oregon Dunes which is mostly National Forest Service land. I spent a couple days in a nice campground on a "non-motorized" section. No reservations but it seems that some schools start up in mid-August so if you hit it on a weekday in late August it's not too crowded and usually nice weather.

One thing to remember is that if the weather is too cold and wet on the coast you can usually find nicer weather by going inland so it helps to be a bit flexible. When I lived in Oregon, I usually planned a camping trip the weekend after Labor Day up in the Cascades and almost always had nice weather although it starts to get cold at night in the mountains.

One thing you should take into consideration is that there is a solar eclipse that passes right through the middle of Oregon on August 21 this year. Every state park in the path is completely booked so not a good place to avoid crowds but would probably be fun and educational for the kids.