Photos of Fishing Bridge CG, Yellowstone - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2006, 12:58 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot
Does anyone have photgraphs of the Fishing Bridge RV Park in Yellowstone NP? The reviews we've read are all over the board from wonderful to awful.

Ron and Sandy
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #2

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
We stayed there 4 years ago with a motorhome...this was pre-Burro. Not sure that we took any pictures of the site because it was not very pretty. The main point of staying there was not the campground but actually staying IN Yellowstone. The first night we stayed in a campground just South of Yellowstone and North of the Tetons. We were miserable. The next night, we were lucky enough to get a spot at Fishing Bridge (which had laundry facilities) but it is not our typical camping experience. Very close to neighbors...the awning of large camper next to us was actually almost touching our camper...no fires....no place to sit around after nightfall.

For us, Yellowstone was awesome as long as we kept moving. There is so much to see at Yelowstone that camping inside the park was more a convenience...not a destination.
D Shubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:09 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
We stayed at Norris a few years ago. That was sans Scamp. It was quite pretty there. If it was me I'd call the park's resevation system, not the people that run Fishing Bridge RV park.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:37 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
From looking at the Yellowstone Park web site it looks like several of the park campgounds have room for a small trailer. That is if you think you can manage without hookups. I checked the price at Fishing Bridge RV, $34.00/per night plus tax. Seems a bit more than I'd want to pay.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Did any one notice the sign on fishing bridge that reads..."No Fishing"......? Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Hello there.

I stayed in Yellowstone NP for 5 days last summer. First night at Fishing Bridge for $35/night (I got in to the park late and took the first site I found). Unless you need the hookups....don't do it. Like others said, the rigs are packed together with no space to hang out after dark by a fire or just to chat. I recommend Grant Village at the south end or Canyon Village at the E/NE part of the park. Both have showers and laundry facilities nearby but they cost only $18/night (2005 prices). Check-out time is 10:00 so find your site shortly therafter.....they fill up fast! Check with Xanterra Parks and Recreation (the concessionaire that runs the campgrounds at many national parks). Also, both have firepits and picnic tables for mealtime and lounging after seeing the sights during the day. And if you like architecture (or Parkitecture in this case) make sure and check out Old Faithfull Inn. It is still being renovated (until sometime 2007), but is still awe inspiring!

If you have any more question about the park you can ask here or PM me. I love YNP and plan to go back!
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:06 AM   #7

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Aren't there plenty of no-frills campgrounds in Yellowstone? We have a generator and our Casita has a shower/bath, so we can go boondocking in comfort. If the Fishing Village campground is so bad, why bother when there are other options?
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #8

Thanks for all the information. We probably will end up at Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park. that seems to be highly rated. We aren't heading out west until 2007 anyway. Nothing like planning ahead, hey.

Ron & Sandy
Old 08-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #9

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
WE have been to Yellowstone three times and stay in the dry campgrounds for about 4 days than go to Fishing-bridge CG and that way we empty the tanks ,charge the battery and do laundry. It's not that bad as you are out early to see the park than back late for some dinner and a shower. When you stay in the park you see more wildlife and have the feel of the park with out driving all the way back to West Yellowstone.
WE love Yellowstone and the Tetons and will always stay in the parks.
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #10

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
WE have been to Yellowstone three times and stay in the dry campgrounds for about 4 days than go to Fishing-bridge CG and that way we empty the tanks ,charge the battery and do laundry. It's not that bad as you are out early to see the park than back late for some dinner and a shower. When you stay in the park you see more wildlife and have the feel of the park with out driving all the way back to West Yellowstone.
WE love Yellowstone and the Tetons and will always stay in the parks.
We just returned from Yellowstone and stayed at the Fishing Bridge RV Park for 4 nights. Yes, there were a lot of big rigs, but even though the park sign said "Full", no one ever parked in the spot to our left or the spot behind us. We appreciated the full-time electricity for the fridge and the other electrical applicances. The parks in Yellowstone have a generator time cut-off of 8 p.m., so this would have cramped our late night movie watching. (We don't have an on-board battery system.) The fee was about $36 a night, which was less than half of the cost of a motel in West Yellowstone and much cheaper than a night at the lodges (which were full). The laundry and showers were available, but we didn't use them, preferring to wash clothes in Worland on the way home. We "showered" in the restroom and in the Burro (washing hair and other places). If you want more primitive sites, there are plenty. We wanted the electrical and water hookups. Plenty of room... no bother from neighbors other than their hulking beasts sitting around us. And yes, we saw wildlife... a snowshoe rabbit was really interesting and the buffalo were all around the bridge one morning (where you can't fish!).

Kevin
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #11

Quote:
We just returned from Yellowstone and stayed at the Fishing Bridge RV Park for 4 nights. Yes, there were a lot of big rigs, but even though the park sign said "Full", no one ever parked in the spot to our left or the spot behind us. We appreciated the full-time electricity for the fridge and the other electrical applicances. The parks in Yellowstone have a generator time cut-off of 8 p.m., so this would have cramped our late night movie watching. (We don't have an on-board battery system.) The fee was about $36 a night, which was less than half of the cost of a motel in West Yellowstone and much cheaper than a night at the lodges (which were full). The laundry and showers were available, but we didn't use them, preferring to wash clothes in Worland on the way home. We "showered" in the restroom and in the Burro (washing hair and other places). If you want more primitive sites, there are plenty. We wanted the electrical and water hookups. Plenty of room... no bother from neighbors other than their hulking beasts sitting around us. And yes, we saw wildlife... a snowshoe rabbit was really interesting and the buffalo were all around the bridge one morning (where you can't fish!).

Kevin
I forgot to add the pictures. Here is one photo
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00383.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	4363
of our campsite.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #12

Here is another one that doesn't look quite so cramped. We actually weren't as close to the other rigs as the pictures look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00384.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	4364
Old 08-14-2006, 04:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Here is another one that doesn't look quite so cramped. We actually weren't as close to the other rigs as the pictures look.
Looks crowded to me!!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Looks crowded to me!!
I'm sure it seems crowded to the big rigs, but we were just fine in our little Burro. The sites are grouped back to back, so a really big motorhome can make you feel small. Like I said earlier, though, no one parked to our back left or immediate left, so we had open spaces.

Kevin
Old 08-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #15

AUGH!!! They really cram them in there!!!

I think I'd prefer to stay in the other park campgrounds and use my generator. I realize you don't have that option, so in your shoes I'd also stay in the Fishing Bridge site.

How much do they charge to dump your tanks? In two years, our plan is to drive out to Yellowstone and spend a few nights in the trailer and a few nights in one or more of the lodges.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #16

Quote:
AUGH!!! They really cram them in there!!!

I think I'd prefer to stay in the other park campgrounds and use my generator. I realize you don't have that option, so in your shoes I'd also stay in the Fishing Bridge site.

How much do they charge to dump your tanks? In two years, our plan is to drive out to Yellowstone and spend a few nights in the trailer and a few nights in one or more of the lodges.
I'm sorry but I don't know about the tank dumping charges. The area was just off to the right as you leave the RV park. I didn't notice any signs about charges. Also, they have a generator rule in Yellowstone... you can't use one between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.

Kevin
Old 08-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #17

That's fine. I don't use mine during quiet hours anyway. Only during the day. Most parks and National Forests have a quiet hours rule. No big deal. I like it to be quiet at night and in the morning.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #18

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
We went to Yellowstone a couple of weeks ago and as you meet campers along the way they give you all sorts of reports. The fishing stopped years ago because of abuse by those fishing was the report by the rangers on the no fishing signs. The whole of Yellowstones roads are basically shaped in a figure 8 and Fishing Bridge is very popular because it is in the middle of Yellowstones travel routes. Some of the campgrounds in there take reservations from a contracted company but also take walk ins if there are any openings. We went in the North entrance and stayed at Mamouth Hot springs which is a national campground with first serve and actually not bad at all. It had water in strategic points and electric at each site and a dump station, so fill your fresh water tank. we stayed there the first 2 nights and did the upper loop, we then made reservations and moved on to Grant Village and did the bottom loop. Grant village was also a nice campground with the sam ammenities and altho we had reservations they do take walk ins if sites are available. Yellowstone is a place that nobody should miss as it has so much to offer. We screwed up and did not take the Beartooth highway either going in or coming out and I may have to go back for that. It is Route 212 starting at Red Lodge Montana and going into Yellowstone and take you to the Cannon Village area. There is so much to see there that you could spend a month there and still miss something
Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #19

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Could not resist posting this picture of our trip when we were leaving Fishing Bridge at Yellowstone.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Burro_by_Lake.jpg  
Old 08-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Could not resist posting this picture of our trip when we were leaving Fishing Bridge at Yellowstone.

CindyL
Woo HOO! Cool Burro!