Pippinfest... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #1

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Pippinfest...

Tomorrow we will leave on our very first Scamp adventure! The wife, our six-month-old son and I will be traveling to Fairfield, PA for the annual Pippinfest. Pippinfest is a 30-year-old annual festival to celebrate the apple harvest and local crafts. There are all sorts of goodies (candies, apple pies, etc) and lots of classic cars on display, too.

Many of the campgrounds in the area (Gettysburg) are quite pricey, so we will be camping in my in-laws' driveway... which is FREE! I've been doing all the last-minute finishing touches on the Scamp, inclusing installing new tail lights, replacing a broken/missing leveling jack, replacing the weatherstrip on the door, etc. Tomorrow, the only thing I still need to do (other than pack) is to construct a baby retention system for the front bunk. I will be using PVC pipes.

I will report back on the event and how the Scamp performed! Wish us luck! (thunderstorms in the forecast)
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1300 1973
Registry
Quote:
construct a baby retention system for the front bunk
Good idea, I remember when we had our first Boler, our first one falling down from the top bunk bed twice during our first night with it. She was sleeping so hard that she never woke up when she fall. That was the first modification that I did when coming back home.