Recent review of Promised Land SP(Pa) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Recent review of Promised Land SP(Pa)

Merely wanted to let people know that there's a new campground at Promised Land State Park in NE Pennsylvania. Actually, the Pickerel Point campground, which opened July 1st, had been a campground in the past, but it's recently been totally renovated to the tune of almost $4 million in improvements.

It's located on a long narrow Peninsula that juts out into a large fishing and canoeing lake. A nice swimming area at the end of the Peninsula is dedicated to the campground. Most camp sites have electricity and a few even have full hook-ups (a first for PA State Parks). There are also three brand new bath houses that are probably the nicest we've ever seen in all our years of camping. We don't live far away, but we've decided to book 4 nights starting July 14th just because the renovated campground is so impressive. We're looking forward to an especially nice time since the camp hosts are friends who also live locally. Thre are other campgrounds in the State Park, but we think Pickerel Point is special.

Promised Land State Park (located in a beautiful area of the Pocono Mountains) is an old CCC camp from the 1930's and most of the original CCC buildings remain. There's even a CCC historical museum, an environmental education center and an outdoor amphitheater. The park itself has over 3000 acres with several very nice lakes (some with bald eagle nests). The park is also surrounded by the Delaware State Forest that adds over 10,000 acres to the protected natural environment which is crisscrossed by miles and miles of hiking trails.

If ever in the area, consider checking it out.

Not my review but based upon it, I'll have to do that....
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I like the fieldstone walls and fieldstone buildings built by the unsung toilers in the "alphabet" agencies of the Depression. Well, perhaps not so unsung; didn't they produce the "greatest" generation?

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote