Reno Air Show - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Can the Reno Air Show be recommended as an FGRV destination by anyone who has attended? I'm thinking for 2010 and their web site makes it look very exciting...but is it?
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Several years ago Jim and I went to Reno - stayed in a hotel, but we did go to the Air Races. Fantastic air show.. It would be fun for a Casita group.

I found this on the web.
=========================================
Weekly reserved RV parking lots lie within easy walking distance of entrances to the event site.

Each lot is dry camping on a dirt lot - no water, electrical, or sewer hookups are available. Drive-through sewer pumping and water supply trucks visit both the Optimist and West Lot, and provide services for an additional fee. Portable toilets are available in both lots for your convenience.

Pets are welcome with you in the RV Lot, but are not allowed into the airport grounds during the event.

BBQ’s are allowed, but open campfires are not permitted.

Advance reservations are highly recommended. Reservation fees are for the entire week. No daily rates are available.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #3

It would be fun as a group. Thanks for the additional information CarolnJim
Old 04-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
It would be fun as a group. Thanks for the additional information CarolnJim
The Reno show is great. The races are exciting, the static displays are great and the airshow portion is always top notch. There is usually a surprise military fly-by (once an SR71 Black Bird).

It is very crowded, always. It is VERY noisy ( ) - The old engines get into your bones.

Treat yourself and buy a pit pass - lets you into the area where they park and work on the racers. Also, you get to watch the races and show from very close to the action.

Let me know if it turns into an event - would definitely be interested.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:43 PM   #5

Quote:
The Reno show is great. The races are exciting, the static displays are great and the airshow portion is always top notch. There is usually a surprise military fly-by (once an SR71 Black Bird).

It is very crowded, always. It is VERY noisy ( ) - The old engines get into your bones.

Treat yourself and buy a pit pass - lets you into the area where they park and work on the racers. Also, you get to watch the races and show from very close to the action.

Let me know if it turns into an event - would definitely be interested.
Tom and others..I've been thinking on how to make this an "event". At about $400.00 per site it's gonna be hard to get commitments from others for 2010..won't it? Is there reasonable accommodation close ( that's subjective ) by?

Is there interest to make this an event for 2010?