River Bend (Linn County) Park - Oregon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Just thought that I'd mention that I was heading out after work for, I think, Linn County's newest campground. After experiencing Waterloo campground, I'm very impresed with Linn County's facilities. The marketing blurb for River Bend says that there is growth between the sites which add to the "seclusion factor". Sounds good to me. I'll report my findings Sunday or Monday. Addy and I are looking forward to a second straight weekend away from the almost unacceptably crowded Portland Metro area. Oh, give me back the Portland of 25 years ago!!
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Looking forward to your report. Hope you have photos!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Registry
Ron,

It's great that you can be out two weekends in a row. I'm looking forward to your River Bend report. I, too, was impressed with Waterloo as a campground.

Dennis
Dennis Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #4

Registry
Wow!! I can't say enough about River Bend Campground, Linn County's newest!!! All sites are level and secluded just like they say on their website. The river is close by for frolicking dogs that love to fetch sticks in the water. Fall colors. Peaceful. The only exception was this morning when the yahoo two sites down fired up his 10 cylinder diesel pick'em-up truck at 4:45 am in hopes of getting an early start to scout out where he might find Bambi or her kin to kill when hunting season starts. This guy idled his engine for at least 40 minutes. You know how sound travels at night in a campground. Diesel fuel smell filled the air. All that aside, this is now my favorite Oregon campground. It is just a little farther down the road from Waterloo campground, on the other side of Sweet Home. They plan on doubling the number of sites next year. This campground compares to Provincial campgrounds in Canada. Hot showers, rest rooms without graffitti (at the present time), nice secluded walking trails through the campgrounds and along the river. Linn County has done this one right!! This is definitely a must place for all to check out. Sunnyside campground looks like a Hong Kong apartment high rise compared to River Bend. I'm thinking 4th of July weekend cooling off on a rock in the river!! Sorry, no pictures. I was in such a hurry to get there after work on Friday that I left the house without it. $16.00 per site with hook-ups. Seniors (62 and older) $12.00.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:26 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Wow!! I can't say enough about River Bend Campground, Linn County's newest!!!
Sounds great Ron I'm thinking perhaps the NOG will move there in October 2007 Do they take reservations? Guess I could go look on the Linn County website
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:58 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Sounds great Ron I'm thinking perhaps the NOG will move there in October 2007 Do they take reservations? Guess I could go look on the Linn County website
NOG may not work there as well as Waterloo unless they can get those new sites established by next Fall. The layout now is pretty spread out for people wanting to "wave" good morning at each other like we did at Waterloo. At least at Waterloo, we can all see each other. Personally, I like the seclusion aspect of River Bend. Also, the growth between the sites helps as a bit of of a sound barrier with adjacent sites. IMHO, all campgrounds should be like River Bend.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #7

Registry
Oh, and one more positive about Linn County Park Department... they allow reservations to be made up to one year in advance...unlike the Oregon state parks. I just made reservations for River Bend County Park for next Labor Day...Aug. 31st thru Sept. 3rd. And I got the site that I thought was the best and most secluded!! I'm a "happy camper"!!

Old 10-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
So if both Waterloo and River Bend are Linn County parks, why can you sign up for one now and not until Jan for the other? Or am I missing something here?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There are two parks in Linn County that they only allow reservations to be made after January 1 for that year: Waterloo and Sunnyside. When I spoke with Amelia at the reservation department, she mentioned something about these being the last two parks to go to the online reservation system....so, I guess that has something to do with it Maybe in the future, all of the Linn County parks will have the ability to reserve up to one year in advance.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:01 AM   #10

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Pat and I just signed up for Labor day weekend at River Bend...We got the spot across from Ron...He's not going to be as secluded as he thinks.

Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:24 AM   #11

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Took me some time to find River Bend on the web so I thought I would post a link to their website here. Looks like a great location and thought out park. I will have to check it out next year.

River Bend Campground Oregon
Attached Thumbnails
RiverBend_2004.JPG  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote