Rondeau Provincial Pk. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2011, 06:13 AM   #1

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Rondeau Provincial Pk.

Hi: All... This park is a true hidden gem. Located on a huge sand spit projecting out into Lake Erie about 50 miles west of St. Thomas and south east of Chatham. It is a bird watchers paradise!!! Pt. Pelee and Pelee Island lie just to the west and are on the migratory path across the lake for most birds. The camping's not bad either.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
goin' home.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler
Registry
That is a great place Alf. I practically grew up in that park. Lots of biking and walking paths and a great marsh for the canoe. Pretty much has it all.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we spent time in ALOT of provincial parks throughout southern ontario when we lived there...but this is one we never did get to. you're lucky to live so close to it, alf!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #4

Registry
Hi: theresa p...Any chance of seeing you and dennis up this way. Niagara Wine Escape in Sept??? We have lots of room in our driveway...elec& water too!!! I can always move "Our Escape Hatch" over.
Attached Thumbnails
hooked.jpg  
Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
OMG ALF!!! we ARE able to come!!!!! our outback is going to travel behind/beside david and gale's escape 17---(they had an outback, too, when you met them at our place)---i had requested vacation for the weekend of the niagara rally and got word just today that it was granted!! i am so excited!
i will make reservations at riverside this weekend. any recommendations on which sites are best? say hi to mary anne for me!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1984
My wifes cousin lives just outside the park, halfway to Morpeth. They just told us that they recently purchased a Trillium but sadly no internet so they won't be checking in here.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #7

Registry
Great News!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
OMG ALF!!! we ARE able to come!!!!! our outback is going to travel behind/beside david and gale's escape 17---(they had an outback, too, when you met them at our place)---i had requested vacation for the weekend of the niagara rally and got word just today that it was granted!! i am so excited!
i will make reservations at riverside this weekend. any recommendations on which sites are best? say hi to mary anne for me!
Hi: theresa p... I sent you an email msg. Glad to hear your gettin' up to the Falls. We're gonna have a rally good rally...NOW!!! So you're travellin' in tandem...the more the merrier I always say.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
My wifes cousin lives just outside the park, halfway to Morpeth. They just told us that they recently purchased a Trillium but sadly no internet so they won't be checking in here.
Hi: james kent...Is their Trill. ready to camp...could they join us at Niagara Wine Escape???
We saw a Bigfoot in a driveway near the Rondeau Park entrance and met some Boler Owners in the park. They windsurf at Long Beach Cons. Area... so might come see what Bolerama is all about.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #9

Name: Dan
Trailer: In the market
Missouri
From Missouri but amazingly we chanced to camp at Rondeau on two different trips many years past. We agree, it's a beautiful park and great place to camp.
dhemmelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #10

Registry
Hi:dhemmelg... We are famous for going far away to camp in other peoples parks with out doing the ones "In our own back yard".
Old 07-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 1983 Boler
We camped there last year and it is beautiful. Funny how it is a Provincial Park and there are people living there in cottages too. We also went to Port Burwell last summer too. Had to camp close as our tow vehicle was not doing so well. Replaced it this spring and have no camping trips planned for this summer. Trailer renovations instead.
Kristyn M is offline   Reply With Quote