Rookie question about dumping in MN state parks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #1

Name: Rich
Trailer: Escape
United States
Registry
Rookie question about dumping in MN state parks

We’re at Moose Lake State Park in MN this weekend. Lovely little park, Moose Lake Brewing is nearby. One little problem, no tank dumping facilities here. I was hoping to winterize this week. I’ve got my season pass; can I just pull into any state park on the way home to St Paul and dump?
St Paul, MN
rpassmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #2

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
We dump at State Parks all the time. Ironically, we're dumping at Gooseberry right now.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:25 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
In Iowa you have to be a registered camper to use the dump facilities at the state parks. There are dump stations at 22 of the rest stops on our Interstate highways. Many county parks have dump stations where a reasonable fee is deposited and you may dump, once you pay. Some are under the watchful eye of the camp host, some are collected by the host and some are a little bit remote and on the honor system. The registered campers dump as part of their overnight camp fee.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:08 AM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
In Iowa
Substitute "In Washington", and substitute "16" for "22" located at rest stops, and that pretty much describes the situation here.

At Kalaloch Campground, part of Olympic National Park, a dump station is available for a $10 fee ($5 with a Senior or Access Pass) and is not included in the camping fee.

Of course, Washington is probably a bit out of the way for returning to St Paul.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Check out https://www.sanidumps.com/
for dumps, access and price.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #6

Name: Curt
Trailer: Oliver
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpassmore View Post
We’re at Moose Lake State Park in MN this weekend. Lovely little park, Moose Lake Brewing is nearby. One little problem, no tank dumping facilities here. I was hoping to winterize this week. I’ve got my season pass; can I just pull into any state park on the way home to St Paul and dump?
Moose Lake City Park has a dump statton

Moose Lake City Park (Dump Station #16994) - Sanidumpswww.sanidumps.com › locationmap2
RV Dump Station in Minnesota for location: Moose Lake City Park - #16994. ... public, RV park, non-park, municipal, truck stop, rest stop, campground, camping, ...

Also Banning St. Park states dump station is open and you can dump at any state campground with your park sticker.
curt meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:37 AM   #7

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Good Sam membership will give you locations at truck stops where U can dump.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:09 PM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: Casita - 2019 SD17
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpassmore View Post
I can't speak for MN. However, the Water Treatment Plant in Meridian, ID offers free dumping of RV tanks. I would suspect other cities in the country offer similar services. I also believe many truck stops have facilities for dumping. I don't know if they charge a fee or not.

I have not had a need for a commercial dumping site yet as I have my own dumping station at home. It was installed when I had my RV pad poured. I converted to a composting toilet which eliminated the need for a black tank.
Bob Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
The Holiday gas station on County Highway 10 at Silver Lake Road in Mounds View has a free dump station, and the Exxon station south of I-694 and Lexington Ave in Shoreview has a dump station that costs a nominal fee.

--Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote