RV parking near Dallas, Texas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #1

Name: Shelia
Trailer: Wannabe owner
Texas
RV parking near Dallas, Texas

Please move this if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I'll need to work a few more months after my apartment lease is up and I'm in my Casita so I'm looking for a place to stay put within commuting distance of my job in Dallas.

Sandy Lake is the best bet but I don't think they even have a waiting list any more. Maybe a long one. Their monthly charge of almost $600 plus electricity boggled my mind until I spoke with an RV park in Grapevine where the monthly parking ranges from $920 a month to $1,300 a month. Yikes.

There's Destiny in Denton and a small place in Forney. Quite a commute but I may have to do it.

Anyone know of any other places to park where I could work in Dallas?
Shelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
Where at in Dallas are you working or what side of town. Its a huge area. Lots of people I know commute to Dallas from where I live in the Greenville area. Here in Tx we talk about time rather than distance. Wyle,Sache,Caddo Mills all come to mind and are a 30 minute drive to Big D. Hope that helps a little. Lots of freeways and a toll road into Dallas.

http://dallasnortheastcampground.com/

MONTHLY RATES ARE $400.00 PLUS ELECTRIC WITH A $75.00 DEPOSIT. RATE COVERS TWO PEOPLE AND TWO VEHICLES. EACH ADDITIONAL PERSON OVER FIVE YEARS OF AGE IS $30.00 AND EACH ADDITIONAL VEHICLE/TRAILER IS $25.00
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
Cedar hill st pk

Try cedar hill state park or Lloyd park in Grand Prairie. It's maybe 30 minutes from Dallas and beautiful settings.
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:52 PM   #4

Texas
Thanks for the suggestions. Are the state parks permanent parking areas or do you have to keep moving?

I work north of downtown near North Park. I have lived in both Caddo Mills and Greenville. Too far of a commute in Dallas traffic. I'm only 17 miles from work now and it takes me 45-50 minutes with no accidents.

Good suggestions - I will check them out.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:02 PM   #5

Texas
GMike A that campground really links nice, but I don't know about the commute. Sure looks nice though and a generous discount from weekly to monthly.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:06 PM   #6

Registry
You get two weeks. Most folks just move from cedar hill sp to Lloyd park in Grand Prairie, and back again! Both parks are beautiful and you can ask for your favorite spot! We had ours at cedar hill space 67 or 69 since it was short and rarely occupied. Meadow behind is glorious. At Lloyd, loop A site 6 or 8 is shady and wide. Enjoy both if possible!
Old 07-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #7

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Have you considered Mobile Home parks that have RV spots? I googled "long term rv stays in Dallas" and got several hits. I will be in east Dallas Monday and I'll take a look at Woodshire. It might work for you. Will let you know what I see.

Woodshire Mobile Home & RV Park, Dallas, TX | RVParking.com
Old 08-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #8

Texas
Thanks Tom. Will look forward to your review.

Sandy Lake is a mobile home park with long and short term RV parking. The park in Forney is the same.

I checked out Cedar Hill State Park and it seems pricey for a long term stay at $25-30 a night depending on utilities. Maybe I didn't find what you were talking about. Looks nice though.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #9

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Woodshire is full. They charge $550 per month. The park seems okay and the location is great. I wish they had a spot. I missed the news that you got a trailer.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #10

Registry
shelia. if you can't find a spot. would you consider staying with a fellow fiberglass? we have a guest room or you could sleep in your unit in our backyard and come in whenever.
we're in cedar hill.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #11

Texas
Tom, I don't have my trailer yet but anticipate getting it when my apartment lease is up. My retirement plan and my budget apparently didn't talk to each other. Need to work a few extra months.

Billandsandea, what a generous offer. Thank you so much for offering, but I think my three Chihuahuas might wear out our welcome.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #12

Registry
Wow. I see. My big dog is a sweetie, but if your pups stay in your unit, they be ok. Reggie is a sweet dog and gentle even with my chickens, so if a person was in attendance, everyone would be fine. I wouldn't let the pups close an avenue of residence.