Sarasota RV Parks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hello all!! i am trying to decide whether to accept the reservation i have available to me at a campground in sarasota.
it's called sarasota sunny south and if anyone has any experience with camping there, and can advise me as to its pros and cons, it would be MOST appreciated!!!
thanks in advance
theresa
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
Nice reiviews at RV Park Review, one from January who really liked the place. I have not been to the park but have spent alot of time in the area. Certainly a lot to do and great weather.

Check out: http://campgroundreviews.com/regions/Florida/Sarasota.html

Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: theresa p... Are you there yet??? Got any pic's to share???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
I have lived in Sarasota for 8 years and have never seen or heard of this place, but then again who goes looking to camp in their own back yard. I will go down there camera in hand and give a report of the place but, it looks like Theresa could beat me to it.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I know this place! 2100 Doud Street.

My parents had a park model there for over 10 years. I spent a little bit of time there back in the mid to late 90's. As I remember it was mainly permanent park models, however there was an area for short term as well.

Denny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #6

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Cool

Quote:
I know this place! 2100 Doud Street.

My parents had a park model there for over 10 years. I spent a little bit of time there back in the mid to late 90's. As I remember it was mainly permanent park models, however there was an area for short term as well.

well, we never did get there. i emailed the owner/web site maintainer a number of times.. and when she did respond, she gave me available dates..and didn't reply to my follow-up emails. i didn't get the feeling that i wanted to drive across the whole state to arrive at the park, only to find that she had given away the spots..she wasn't very good at making me feel like the "door was open". however, i must say that initially she was quite welcoming..so perhaps i should, in hindsight, have taken the "leap of faith" and just driven..oh well, we are now in myrtle beach at the state park, loving it, and leaving on the weekend for the outer banks of north carolina....if we connect with ferries in good time, will possibly be able to meet up with al and cindy k. at frisco!!
however,, even though this sarasota park thingie didn't work out....for all who are interested, gamble rogers state park in flagler beach florida is a definite keeper!!! we loved it.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Hi Theresa...we are back in Canada enjoying 73 degrees in Windsor...enjoyed meeting you at Gamble Rogers ...enjoy the Outer Banks...we loved Ocracoke N P...dont forget to book your spot on the ferry though!
Still mulling over the idea of the NB rally this summer
Cheers...Alistair & Inge in the Road Toad
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote