short-term storage/parking in Denver or Rocky Mtn NP - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-03-2018, 06:21 AM   #1

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
short-term storage/parking in Denver or Rocky Mtn NP

Hello.
Does anyone have any ideas about how/where to park (and I do mean park--not boondock) my 13' Scamp in the Denver or Rocky Mtn NP area for about a week?

I'll be towing my 13' Scamp from Wisconsin to Missouri to Colorado for a few weeks of awesome camping. My "problem" is that I'm being joined by friends for some time in Denver, Steamboat, and Estes Park before I head back to Wisconsin, and I'd like to be able to unhitch (and leave the camper somewhere safe) for the six days that I'm going to be hanging with my friends and hauling them around in my car.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Kathy

Kgphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Here's hoping a forum member in the area with extra space will see this and offer temporary parking. Failing that, some private campgrounds have a parking/storage area for people who return regularly.

Consider redundant security systems for your trailer while parked to discourage theft.

Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Hi Kathy, depending on the dates (I'm gone June 17-23) you are welcome to leave your Scamp at my house. But...I'm in Fort Collins which is about 60 miles north of Denver. An hours drive to Denver, a bit less to RMNP. When do you intend to be in the area?
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #4

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandCallie View Post
Hi Kathy, depending on the dates (I'm gone June 17-23) you are welcome to leave your Scamp at my house. But...I'm in Fort Collins which is about 60 miles north of Denver. An hours drive to Denver, a bit less to RMNP. When do you intend to be in the area?
Thanks, Tom!

Fort Collins would be great. I sure hope it works for you!! I'm meeting up with my friends on July 25 and hoping to re-connect with my camper the evening of July 31 or morning of August 1.

Cheers,
Kathy
Old 06-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #5

Colorado
No problem at all. I should be around then and will plan on you having your Scamp here. There will be good options for areas to park and depending on the height of your camper, you may even get a carport! Give me the height and I can let you know. My place is only a couple of miles from Old Town, but there is no city driving involved to get here - very easy rural roads if you follow directions. I understand you may get a better offer, so not a problem if your plans change, just let me know, and you can still count on me as a backup if your plans fall through. My contact: tbfitch@gmail.com 970-449-9975 email usually the best way to reach me. Tom Fitch
Old 06-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #6

Colorado
Sorry, ...email me and I'll get you my address.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #7

Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Hello, I live in South Denver near I-25 and Colorado Blvd. i could offer street parking, as Plan B, or Plan A. I would need to get my neighborhood parking permit renewed. Not a big deal with advance notice. You want neighborhood references? I'm half a block from the Archdiocese. Not sure if that's good or bad.

PS, I can likely arrange for it to stay in the driveway nextdoor.

Tom
ts001@hotmail.com
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #8

Name: Carol
Trailer: Shopping
Colorado
Scamp Parking

Hi Kathy

See you have a couple of options but will put mine in - a driveway between Boulder and Golden. If needed - will be glad to Scamp sit.

Carol
Carol in Colo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #9

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
Hello, I live in South Denver near I-25 and Colorado Blvd. i could offer street parking, as Plan B, or Plan A. I would need to get my neighborhood parking permit renewed. Not a big deal with advance notice. You want neighborhood references? I'm half a block from the Archdiocese. Not sure if that's good or bad.

PS, I can likely arrange for it to stay in the driveway nextdoor.

Tom
ts001@hotmail.com
Tom, you must live near my Auntie. She's in the exact same neighborhood and has lived there since 1982

I would love to offer to Scamp sit, but our HOA only allows on street parking for 48 hours so our Scamp resides at a nice little RV Vault. They often have empty spaces they will rent out on a temporary basis for situations like this and it's located near Parker Road and Arapahoe Road, just north of Parker Colorado (so probably a bit further south than you would like, but maybe a plan D or E if you need it)
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #10

Wisconsin
Wow--thanks!

Thank you so much, Tom, Tom, and Carol!

These are all great options. I *really* appreciate your generous offers, and I plan to take one of you up on yours--as soon as I do a little figuring out of logistics (mostly what will spare stress on my trusty tow vehicle).

Cheers,
Kathy
Old 06-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #11

Wisconsin
Thanks again, fiberglass friends!

I'm hoping Carol will say yes to my request to Scamp sit--the location is ideal. If her driveway is unavailable, I'll be back on to follow up with one or both of the Toms. You guys are the best!!

Kathy
Old 06-05-2018, 11:35 AM   #12

Colorado
No problem, Kathy. Sounds like Carol's location is just about perfect. If it falls through, you can still come here on short notice.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:40 PM   #13

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the Market
Virginia
Thanks from me.

You folks just restored my faith in people. Ive just come through some dishonest business dealings - no big harm to me but it shook my faith in the goodness of people. You guys made my evening and week - I needed to be reminded because I know that most people aregood. Thanks to all, Michael

mbbear is offline   Reply With Quote