Sites in Florida - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2015, 09:29 AM   #1

Name: Dan
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Cool Sites in Florida

Will be traveling around Florida for the next month and I am looking for interesting sites that are reasonably priced...any suggestion would be appreciated
Boler Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Any of the State Parks, if you can get a site, are reasonable. So is Ft. DeSoto Park in St. Petersburg. But you might want to define what reasonable and interesting means to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-14-2015, 08:26 PM   #3

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Most of FL state parks charge about $20-25 per day. This includes electricity, water and dump station use. Wifi is usually available. As in all US state parks the length of stay is limited to 2 weeks.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #4

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boler Dan View Post
Will be traveling around Florida for the next month and I am looking for interesting sites that are reasonably priced...any suggestion would be appreciated
Thanks for the suggestions. I now I have to reserve ahead for the State Parks and I have already picked up book from the Florida Welcome Center.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:30 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Also there are many county parks and state forests that have camping, (usually for less cost than at the state parks). Here in the Panhandle is the Blackwater River State Forest that has several wonderful campgrounds - they don't take reservations and there is usually no problem getting a place during the week. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...est-49132.html
If you are military or DOD (retired or active), there is the Blue Angel Recreation Area, located right on Perdido Bay. It's beautiful, has very nice facilities, and is very reasonably priced.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:10 PM   #6

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Also there are many county parks and state forests that have camping, (usually for less cost than at the state parks). Here in the Panhandle is the Blackwater River State Forest that has several wonderful campgrounds - they don't take reservations and there is usually no problem getting a place during the week. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...est-49132.html
If you are military or DOD (retired or active), there is the Blue Angel Recreation Area, located right on Perdido Bay. It's beautiful, has very nice facilities, and is very reasonably priced.
Thank you Ray, very helpful information.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #7

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
Try St. George Island State Park near to Apalachicola. Best oysters in the world and the best sea shell collecting. Also great boondocking sites in the Apalachicola National forest. Bring kayaks or canoe. Great birding, gators, and other wildlife. Nearby Tate's Hell is great too. Great shops and restaurants in Apalachicola too. Have fun and great trip. Joe
Old 02-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boler Dan View Post
The Highlands Hammock State Park, near Sebring is where the annual ScampCamp is held each February. They do a fun tram tour of the park with wildlife viewing including 'gaters
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:01 AM   #9

Ontario
Thats sounds great Chiefonelung...I'll be sure to check it out..Dan
Old 02-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #10

Ontario
Thanks Wayne...I'm getting lots of great ideas...Dan
Old 02-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #11

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
If I were going to Florida, I'd spend a couple of nights (at least) at the Long Pine Key national forest CG in the Everglades. (FGRV member Hidalga is CG host there on weekends.) $16 per night, plus a $10 entrance fee good for 7 days in the Everglades. From there, you could take a day trip toward Key West.

Any of the NF CGs will have lower camping fees than the state parks, along with less amenities of course.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:47 AM   #12

Ontario
Thanks Mike, I will definitely follow through on that one!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #13

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape 21
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle of flight View Post
Try St. George Island State Park near to Apalachicola. Best oysters in the world and the best sea shell collecting. Also great boondocking sites in the Apalachicola National forest. Bring kayaks or canoe. Great birding, gators, and other wildlife. Nearby Tate's Hell is great too. Great shops and restaurants in Apalachicola too. Have fun and great trip. Joe
I second this, the wife and I have been going to the island since the late '90s.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
lijMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #14

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijMichael View Post
I second this, the wife and I have been going to the island since the late '90s.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Thank you I will check it out for sure...Dan