Smokey Mountains first week of November - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2020, 08:58 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
Wisconsin
Smokey Mountains first week of November

We are new Scamp 13 owners and new to the RV world. We are thinking of taking a trip to the Smokey Mountains the first week of November. We would like to use water in our Scamp as it has a sink, toilet and shower but we are afraid of the lines freezing if we get a cold spell. What do those of you that have experience say? Would you plan a trip like this at that time?
Schwetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:20 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
If you are leaving from Wisconsin, you should be winterized before you depart.

The mountains stretch into GA and even northern Alabama. Let the weather dictate destination.

It’s all about elevation. Southern sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway go over 6,000 feet. I would expect the higher sections to be closed by then. Once you get into late fall, when it’s raining where I live at 2,700 feet, it’s snowing at higher elevations. And occasionally it’s snowing here by then, but not typically.

Would I do it? Sure! Take your winterization tools with you and be prepared. Can always head further south like FDR State Park in Georgia or Cheaha State Park in Alabama.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:47 AM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita 17 SD - sold - Lance 1475
Tennessee
Several campgrounds in the Smokies NP are open year round. Smokemont would be the most accessible that time of year. It is dry camping, so you’ll need a heat source that doesn’t require hookups.
jimiller5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #4

Name: Lisle
Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deiuxe
Massachusetts
Registry
I've been thinking of doing something similar. Was planning to find a campground at low elevation that would be warmer, and just drive my car up into the mountains for hiking and sightseeing where it would be colder. You could search "Temperatres in ... in November" for any given location. I've done that before and they'll tell you what the typical range of temps will be.
Lisle is offline   Reply With Quote