South Rim Recomendations - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #21

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Grand Canyon visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Thanks Steve
We have also visited the North Rim. I agree, when we were there crouds were not an issue and the rim walk was beautiful. To round out the experience we have always wanted to see the other side of the ditch.
We think we are mentally prepared. Time will tell....
Sid
If you REALLY want to "round out the experience" save your boxtops and take a 2-3 day rafting trip. We took our kids when they were 12 & 14 and it was unbelievable. They have both thanked us many times (now well into their 20's). We were on the river on July 4th, 2003 and the temps were around 115 daytime plummeting into the low to mid 90's at night. No bugs just billions of stars. We slept on pads on top of sheets. No covers needed! Just sayin'...
rdcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:23 AM   #22
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Thanks Robert,
I would love to add rafting but due to time constraints that will not be an option this time. It is on our travel bucket list so perhaps a return trip.....
BTW
I love reading everyone's travel adventures on this site. Are their any threads about travel dreams, a sort of destination bucket list? One thread to aid those of us stuck in cold storage for the next few months. I have done the search and found none. It must somewhere here I have just been unable to find it.
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #23
Sid

Wisconsin
Again a big thank you to everyone who helped us plan this trip. Our itinerary is set as far as where we will be staying. After a night in the Colorado Rockies we have our reservations made at Kodachrome Basin, Mather, and Snow Canyon. That will get us to Bryce, the Grand Canyon, and Zion along with quite a few less crowded venues along the way.
Trailer is de-winterized, berrings checked, lug nuts torqued, lp and battery up to snuff......just a few more weeks!
Sid
Old 04-19-2015, 04:21 PM   #24
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I've only been to the North Rim. It was October. We stayed at Jacob Lake which was close to being empty. While the various parking areas and vistas we not crowded at all, the campground appeared full. I asked at the attendants booth and she confirmed they were full until the park closed. She said it was booked weeks before. Reserve America is certainly making money at that one. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #25

Name: Stan
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #63
Virginia
We just got back a week ago from the Grand Canyon south rim. We stayed 3 nights in Mather campground. Not crowded at all and a good number of tent campers. Weather was nice, warm with the sun out and cool when the clouds drifted over, and in the mid 30's at night. Limited internet and fone service, but there was some in the corner of the parking lot at the grocery store over by the bus stop and by the shower house. (AT&T)
Stan and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #26
Sid

Wisconsin
Good to hear, thanks Stan!
We're in final prep mode and should be out there shortly. We have received some great suggestions from the members of this forum regarding where to stay. As mentioned before our itinerary has us staying at Mather, Desertview, Snow Canyon, and Kodachrome. All subject to change at a moments notice. If you're out that way and see the Parkliner stop in and say hi.... it will be us !
Old 05-25-2015, 08:48 PM   #27
Sid

Wisconsin
There and back again!
Thanks everyone for your input. It was a fantastic trip with very few hick ups. We had good weather, beautiful campsites in Bryce, Mather (Grand Canyon), Snow Canyon (for Zion) and Colorado National Monument. While I was surprised at how uncrowded things seemed the campgrounds did fill up each night.
In Grand Canyon we hiked hermits rest and ooh aah point. Bryce was Queens Garden and in Zion we did Angles Landing (5 miles with 1500 foot elevation change) as well as the Narrows ( a slot canyon river hike). If interested check out my 2015 travels folder on my profile page. If you want them in chronological order you will need to start at the bottom and work your way up. I can't figure out how to reorder them once uploaded.
Sid
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1432608348.155106.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	84454Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1432608370.848233.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	84455Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1432608422.919134.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	84456

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 AM   #28

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Sound like a great trip! The weather has been a fair bit cooler and wetter than usual for May. I hope that didn't diminish your experience too much. I was in Monument Valley a couple of weeks ago for work. Kept an eye out for a Parkliner, but didn't spot you.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco, parkliner