Tannehill State Park Alabama - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: Airstream International CCD 28
Florida
Tannehill State Park Alabama

We are going to be traveling through Birmingham on our way back to Florida after taking delivery of a new Oliver. Tannehill appears to be an excellent campground at the mid point of our trip. Would anyone care to share experiences there? Good, bad, other?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
We've found some good info on rv park reviews for a number of parks. You'll find the usual "axe to grind," and newbie "glowing reviews," but the good news is, you can backtrack and see posters other reviews, to get a sense of their camping style, and what appeals to them.
We've not camped at Tannehill, but here's a link to 37 reviews on rv park reviews:
Tannehill Ironworks Historical State Park - Mccalla, AL - RV Park Reviews
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:58 AM   #3

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
That is interesting, it does not show up on the Alabama State Park site. https://www.alapark.com/parks/ Must be something different about a "historical" State Park? Here is another link to Alabama Parks and it is shown, very interesting, maybe I have been using the wrong website? List of parks located in Alabama, an important part of America's Parks
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #4

Florida
We will give Tannehill a go next week as we wend our way back to Gulf Breeze from Hohenwald TN. They have a candlelight tour that week with Civil War re-in-actors demonstrating what Christmas would have been like during war time. I can smell the camp fires burning even as I write this.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
That sounds wonderful. please post some photos and comments after your visit!
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #6

Florida
Sherry,

I certainly will post some photos. I will be sure to include the delivery photo of our new Ollie in the factory delivery area. One week from today. We are so excited.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Oak Mountain, just south of Birmingham, is a delightful state park. It's convenient to the interstate, has full hook-ups, is beautiful, and has many hiking trails and other attractions. We've stayed there twice and enjoyed it both times. One family we know here in Pensacola goes to Oak Mountain as a destination, they spend a week there and thoroughly enjoyed it.

BTW, during the trip from British Columbia, (where we bought our new Escape), back here to Pensacola, the interstate leaving Birmingham to the south was the worst stretch of road we ran into for towing our new Escape. The old concrete road was so bumpy that I swore I would never go that way again.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote