Trip canceled.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
Unhappy Trip canceled....

Camper will not be painted in time....I am so disappointed......I was really looking forward to getting away to my favorite place....may still have time to do the trip. Just read the massage about the use of floor polish instead of Polyglo.....I am going this other route due to age,etc, but applaud those who have the muscle to do the Bar Keepers friend, etc. Looking forward to being dazzled by those beauties while enjoying mine.
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't be in too big of a hurry to wax, (or seal in any way,) your new paint job for at least a good month, to allow the paint to cure and fully dry properly first.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #3

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
You were headed to Cooks Forest, right? Bummer because it's a gorgeous weekend in what I call the Greatest State Ever, PA. Of course I'm stuck in Philadelphia since we looked at our car tires earlier this week and had a minor heart attack over their condition. Eh, gotta get new ones but didn't end up with time during the past week to make it happen. Local photo expeditions aren't a bad way to spend a 3-day weekend, though.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #4

Registry
back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't be in too big of a hurry to wax, (or seal in any way,) your new paint job for at least a good month, to allow the paint to cure and fully dry properly first.
Appreciate your suggestion, I am not sure if I will have to do much to it at all, would you think, I don't have to do anything to my car finish. I don't think I'll have any kind of a roof for over camper & things by snow time so am wondering if you have any suggestions as to covers for it? Once I was told to put a padded mattrice pad kind of thing over it first then tarp as only a tarp will wear off paint....sounds logical to me but didn't do it. I asked auto body shop if I could take it on road as soon as I got it and they said sure....then the wait. It is a beautiful day here in OH anyhow, tomorrow is expected to be the same, more progress on out side jobs before cold weather arrives. Jan
Old 10-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #5

Registry
Back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
You were headed to Cooks Forest, right? Bummer because it's a gorgeous weekend in what I call the Greatest State Ever, PA. Of course I'm stuck in Philadelphia since we looked at our car tires earlier this week and had a minor heart attack over their condition. Eh, gotta get new ones but didn't end up with time during the past week to make it happen. Local photo expeditions aren't a bad way to spend a 3-day weekend, though.
Yes, Cook Forest was the spot to be for a few precious days. I really like WV, it is the state of my heart even if I am from PA. Ever been to WV? I am full of suggestions for places to see and things to do in that state. I am in OH and it is simply perfect weather right now. Local photo expedition around Phill sounds like fun as well. Good luck on your tire buying, I'm due in about January. thanks for the reply. Jan
Old 10-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Our 13ft Trillium is painted....
Attached Thumbnails
covered trailer5.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #7

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Elkins, West Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.Lahm View Post
Camper will not be painted in time....I am so disappointed......I was really looking forward to getting away to my favorite place....may still have time to do the trip. Just read the massage about the use of floor polish instead of Polyglo.....I am going this other route due to age,etc, but applaud those who have the muscle to do the Bar Keepers friend, etc. Looking forward to being dazzled by those beauties while enjoying mine.
WV is also one of our favorite states for camping. Try Stewart National Park just out side of Elkins or travel 1.25 hrs south of Elkins to Marlington and camp along side the Greebriar River come springtime.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I enjoy both PA & WV. I've spent some time in both states - Some photos from a trip this fall:
Ricketts Glen State Park in PA & The Glade Creek Grist Mill in Babcock State Park, WV
Attached Thumbnails
ASE_1130.jpg   ASE_1393.jpg  

Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #9

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Beautiful Pictures!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #10

Registry
Smile Back to you camping in WV - PA

Your pictures are very nice, Babcock Mill is the most photographed spot in the state "they" say. I have been to a primitive campground called Tea Creek campground which I think is on the upper Greenbried River, it is near Marlington. Watched the palaminto trout in the water and walked the traills, very nice indeed. Super nice volunteer host, I have to be careful camping remotely like that as a woman unaccompanied.....will have dogs along but you know what i mean. I kept on going one late falll as the place had no host but several rough cut types. There is a nice visitor center, board walk, etc, on the mountain at Cranberry Bog, well worth the time if you like such like. I am looking forward to getting out and about this spring. I am now trying to get my lovely little camper sealed as the paint shop removed the center seal and can't find a replacement - it has been three months now. I am seeing my lawyer this week, but think I may have found something that will work well. I am sending for a foot of it today. I am rambling, sorry. I think I recommended Cook Forest State Park & Clear Creek State Park, close together on the Calrion River. But, while there, do check out the relatively new elk viewing area, Rt 555, the town is Benezit, that may not be spelled right. Town is between Weedville & Driftwood. I simply could not believe it! We watched bull elk eating apples in a yard in town, 20' from our truck. Could hear the apple crunching and look in his eyes. His antlers towered 4' above him. WOW! There is a visitor center, don't know the name of it, web site can fix that, check to be sure the elk are around as they do have elk businees that takes them out of people viewing area now and then. We also watched 2 Tundra Swans settling in for a nights rest on a neraby marsh and on our way back to camp a Bob Cat walked across the road ahead of us. Being out in Gods beautiful creation is a blessing. Keep in touch, us egg campers are few and far between.