Trip South - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2018, 01:17 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
Registry
Trip South

I live in Southern Ontario. Normally each January or February we take a trip south to warmer climates for a week. This summer I bought a 17' Bigfoot and was thinking about shortening up our winters by taking a trip with it south of the border. I am thinking to make it worth the fuel burned I would need to go for two weeks. I am also thinking instead of the normal time we go we might do something in November or early December. We like to fish and would take our canoe as well as our bikes. It would be nice to go far enough south that the weather is warm. What would you suggest for a destination or multiple destinations?
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We have traveled South in both late Fall and Winter and for us we found Georgia to be best . Nice climate ,not too hot and lower cost. The Georgia State Parks had 50% off on camping fees in the off season if you stayed for 30 days
Beautiful parks and friendly park staff
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:47 AM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: currently shopping
Missouri
Doug, not sure of your definition of "south" and "warm weather", but check out my thread 3 down from yours titled "Missouri Ozarks camping". You caught my eye when you mentioned taking your canoe and fishing. Although not sun tanning weather, November and early December are typically "mild" weather in southern Missouri. In addition to the rivers I mentioned, just across the state line into Arkansas is the White River and Buffalo River - I haven't floated the Buffalo yet but it is considered the crown jewel of the Ozarks and on my "must do" list. Good trout fishing on the upper Current River, Eleven Point, and White Rivers, and smallmouth on others. If you're not familiar with the area, picture heavily forested rolling hills, and very rural with small towns. Abundance of campgrounds both developed and primitive, with many free campsites right on a river bank. And that time of year you would have campgrounds and rivers practically to yourself. Numerous options on day floats in 5-10 mile range. Rental places will shuttle you with canoe or move your vehicle to take outs. If interested in a wilderness experience, feel free to ask and I will give you some specific options for a few good free spots for a small trailer.
Missouri Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:27 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler
Registry
Mark,

That sounds like what I am looking for. Not going to be sunbathing just want to be able to hand out in shirt sleeves and leave the winter coat in the trailer. Drifting down a river fishing sounds perfect. I will look at your post when I have a minute.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote