VA/NC tidewater gasoline??? - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2021, 09:09 AM   #1

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
VA/NC tidewater gasoline???

Heading to Norfolk/ First landing SP tomorrow w our Escape21C, on long-planned trip to see our son who is "in port" this month. Worried about gasoline supplies GRRRRRRRRRRR. Any locals have any advice about gas the the tow vehicles??
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:52 AM   #2

Name: You can't call me Al
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
I would decide where you want to stop for gas and call several stations in the area and ask them.

You should be able to get expert on-the-ground information that way.
AlanKilian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:45 AM   #3

Name: Biker
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I think one challenge is that stations may have gas when you call, but may be out by the time you get to them

I just started to use an app called GasBuddy which may help you out some. Believe it lets you enter a zip code and shows fuel availability by station

It may also be good to carry some backup in a 5 gallon can/jug, but imagine there are many differing opinions about that .. just an idea
biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 03:28 PM   #4

Name: David
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker View Post
I think one challenge is that stations may have gas when you call, but may be out by the time you get to them

I just started to use an app called GasBuddy which may help you out some. Believe it lets you enter a zip code and shows fuel availability by station

It may also be good to carry some backup in a 5 gallon can/jug, but imagine there are many differing opinions about that .. just an idea

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, no gas in plastic bags or storage bins like seen on facebook and local news ! David in Fresno and Sonora, and soon Davis Park, NV
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:20 PM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
For the life of me I canít figure out why people post the same question in different places on this forum only five minutes apart.
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...rea-95686.html
and
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ine-95685.html

But you did, so I will reply twice.

I also suggest the Gas Buddy app or website, but keep in mind that the reports are from other app users, and they might or might not provide valid data. On the app there is nothing to stop people from reporting that a station is out of gas (or has crazy high prices) when that is not true just so that they can reduce the demand at their local gas stations. I have even seen one station owner who put plastic bags over the pump handles to make it look like they were sold out, but were filling the tanks of their regular customers. On the app, also look at the latest update time and in shortage situations avoid the places that have updates over 12 hours or soÖ because they could well be sold out by now. Still, GasBuddy is a good resource and about the only Internet resource to find who has gas or what the price is.

I donít know what route you are planning but I can tell you that the Charlotte area was hit hard is is slow to recover. According to GasBuddy, the NE side nearer the pipeline seems to be better than points south and east, where is it about a 50-50 chance of any gas, and less than 50-50 for regular.

Myself, being well SE of Charlotte I looked for gas on Tuesday but everyplace was sold out of regular or had long lines. It does not seem to be better yet and I am hoping that tomorrow or Sunday I can risk an outing with the quarter tank I have left.

The fact that a group of criminals could cause this is incredibly alarming. Especially when you consider that our enemies are likely supporting the criminals and if our enemies elect to do so, could do so much worse.. with a few key strokes. Imagine if they also used bombs.
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote