WARNING! Ft. Langley CLOSED! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Last week, on my last little trip up to the Sunshine Coast (North of Vancouver, B.C.), I decided to head over to the northern Okanagan's to the Bigfoot factory in Armstrong. As I traveled east out of the massive city of Vancouver, it was late afternoon and I was beginning to think about where I might end up for the night. A planner, I'm not! Takes all the fun out traveling as an adventure. Well, I remembered that I had attended the Glass Egg event in Ft. Langley last year and thought about the campground just to the south of the Fort. After traveling for a few miles north of Highway 1 to the town of Ft. Langley, and the campground, I discovered a great big "CLOSED" banner across the campground sign. Apparently, they will be open next month some time. They're doing some remodeling, I guess. So, back to Highway 1 only to find a WalMart parking lot for the night. No big deal. It was safe, free. No, I will not learn to plan better. Only takes the fun out of the adventure of the road...

Happy Camping,
Ron
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
I can tell you and I would get along.

I used to love taking off with no definite plans. Just get in the truck and go.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Ron, we DO remember you with fond memories but IF you'da paid attention to us here at this site before you made your latest venture, you woulda been advised that The Fort is CLOSED untill JUNE this year for MAJOR mods and thus the reason why our usual meet is (this time round) being held at Bigfoot Campground east of us here!!! PLEASE feel free to come revisit us again, you ARE missed....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Ron and Bob you are guys after my own heart.
I guess I am not organized enough to make reservations or maybe just to lazy now that I have retired.
I like to pick a probable destination and just go.

John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Doug-
Thanks for your kind words for this Yank. I do actually remember reading about the move to Bigfoot Campgrounds. I thought about attending again this year (hoping to run into Terri again). What a great bunch of people!! I am a contract engineer so it is actually more difficult for me to get time off work than if I was a direct, full-time hire. Notice I didn't say "permanent enployee". There's no such thing in the high tech world.
I no longer have the 94' Bigfoot that I had when I was there last year. Made the move to a 2007 model a few weeks ago. The reason for the trip up was for the factory to fix what they didn't do right to begin with. They worked on it a whole day and after several apologies, fixed every issue. Now I'm a happy camper!! Great people at the factory.

Ron
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote