Wow-have you ever left a campground due to poor service - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #21

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Quote:
Yes a KOA in the Black hills .They put the camping trailers 2 feet apart in a dirt lot. We left after 1 night. NEVER again will I stay at that KOA NEVER.
I hope that's the one by the heads ( totally crowded, completely insane place) and NOT the one in Spearfish. I thought the Spearfish one was great.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
ahh thats just the secret service doing its security detail for the former home of president clinton which Hope is famous for

Quote:
One we stayed at for only one night and would never go to again is the city owned fairgrounds park in Hope, Arkansas.

It was just electric and water in an open field. Quiet enough, except they lock up the showers and bathrooms from 5 PM to 8 AM and never tolds us.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Sandy and I stayed at the Salem KOA earlier this year on our way from Tacoma, WA to the Great Oregon Gathering at Bullard's Beach. We were unssure of how long it would take to drive all the way in one day, and we have relatives in Salem we had not seen for some time, and someone had told us that the Salem KOA was great....NOT SO!

There was only one person at the check-in booth, and he was both taking personal calls and handling telephone reservations, while we stood around waiting.

As others have mentioned, the sites were crammed together, rough uneven gravel, and the restrooms were old and dirty, but the showers were so worn out and moldy that we stayed the night, got up early, no showers, no breakfast, and left shortly after dawn. Altogether, an very bad experience!

mike and sandy
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy

Quote:
Quiet, shady. Bathrooms were a bit rustic but the staff is friendly and the location is ideal.
The campground is hidden in the trees beyond the alfalfa and farm house.
Vic

Click image for larger version

Name:	KirkwoodPa1_1_.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	399.1 KB
ID:	24563

It looks like the folks in the sites in the foreground are there permanently! LOL

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Attachment 24563

It looks like the folks in the sites in the foreground are there permanently! LOL
I think you are right.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #26

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Quote:
Attachment 24563

Those are long-termers. That section is very quiet (except for Halloween night ) but there are no hook-ups.
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #27

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Red face

Trying to get a campsite at a California State Park can really be an exercise in patience, they seem to go out of their way to make it hard to get into them without a reservation. I hate having reservation, takes all the spontaneity out of travel. Some were worse than others as I remember.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #28

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Yes, have left a couple of campgrounds that we had reservation at but not unlike leaving a few Hotel/motels over all the years of travel. I am super picky! I can not/will not deal with filth! So I have pulled out of a few. Never to the extent of Orlen's....... LOL

I hate reservation but know that they are sometimes necessary. One in Astoria Oregon gave me the willy's the minute we drove in, we had reservations I told Dh to keep on driving I wouldn't stay there if it was the last campground on earth! We ended up driving back to Portland because we couldn't find any availabilty other than the creepy, filthy, overgrown, nasty, junk yard that they called a campground. I personally believe if they can't take care of their grounds, how well are they gonna take care of me the guest? Nothing like back tracking, but actually turned out to be a great time exploring Portland for a few days.

Having owned and worked in campground/rvpark I always am aware that the guest pulling in can/could/most likely will be crabby (lol) It's like I told my workcampers, sometimes you have to give a guest a few minutes to de-compress from their travles and 98% will be great. But having had experience being on the other side of the front desk, I can't not understand why front desk or anyone working in a hospitality industry have to be such cranks, rude, totally clueless, mean, etc. I am of the thought process of if you don't like your job, GET A NEW ONE! I understand that there may have been a guest ahead of me that was a cranky thing, but your in the hospitality business, move on and take care of your other guest! Of course there were people who put me over the edge, but I didn't let that effect the service to other guest. I can/could put a "bad guest in his or her place" and move on to service the other guest in the blink of an eye! I always say, some people should not be working with the public! It's a love/hate relationship and a lot of people can't handle it!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #29

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Trying to get a campsite at a California State Park can really be an exercise in patience, they seem to go out of their way to make it hard to get into them without a reservation. I hate having reservation, takes all the spontaneity out of travel. Some were worse than others as I remember.
We have stopped at campgrounds and been denied a site because we had no reservations.
We simply went back to the TV and called in for a reservation. This has worked for us more than once!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote