Best State to live if you work a dayjob, but live FT in a FGRV? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We considered going to Sierra Vista a couple of times and did the research. Type of jobs we were looking for didn't come up. Unemployment was higher than most places. AZ seemed to have a higher unemployment rate overall.

Here is some current info: http://www.cochise.edu/cfiles/files/...tlook-2015.pdf
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #22

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Which state is best?-- drunken state........
Old 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Which state is best?-- drunken state........
The state of "euphoria" that only full-time RVing can bring to a group of people with a variety of needs and desires that can be best met by the full-timing lifestyle.

I have been waiting to do this since I knew it was something people do more than 25 years ago.

I have lived for short times, up to 5.5 months in the Tucson area, 2 years in Fayetteville, NC and 2 years in Ozark, AL. We were actually able to handle being in a pop-up camper, nice one, from May through September near Tucson. It took a lot of work and there was a nice clubhouse where we could spend the heat of the day when we were home. Fayetteville was nice but in the heat, we did fine except for the mosquitos, little black ones that could come through the screen and winter, with freezing rain and having to mess with the water lines/hose and tanks made for a long winter even though in reality it was short.

With enough effort, just about anything is possible. Determination is priceless when it comes to pursing something.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #24

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Clip: "I have been waiting to do this since I knew it was something people do more than 25 years ago."

Anne and I had that same thought some 37 years ago, and retired then to full time for a year. Although not known at the time, had we not done it then, my late wife would have never had that experience, as she left us when she was but 48 y.o.

As the PanAmerican Airlines ad used to say.... "Every year you don't go to Europe is one year closer to... never... going... at... all."

In short, do it while you can, there are no guarantees for tomorrow.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 02:23 AM   #25

Name: tony
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
British Columbia
NorthWest?

Tucked between Seattle and British Columbia is Whatcom County. I think its a best kept secret for retirement living. Bellingham is a beautiful small city and university town. It might suit living full time in a small trailer also. It's a myth that the northwest gets the most rain in the continental USA. It's a fact that Florida does. Not too hot and not too cold Whatcom Country is very nice!
ninklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:23 AM   #26

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Yep. and the wet siders will also tell you that New York City get's more rain than Seattle, which is also correct. But both, NYC & FL, get more rain on fewer days, and hurricane rainfall is also included. With the exception of recent droughts, the Seattle area has long been the king of how many days it rains in a year, that's why they call it King County.... LOL

Basic Tip... where it's green all over, it rains a lot, aka The Evergreen State..... at least west of the Cascades. LOL... again from the other side.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #27

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoot View Post
I'm in NJ, and want to go somewhere better for RV life (in a SD17 Casita). Preferably somewhere with nice weather and no tornadoes. No poisonous snakes, spiders, or scorpions would also be nice. I would have to get an IT job there. Maybe Utah, Nevada, or Arizona?
We've been traveling in an RV for 15 years, traveling for 120 we've spent many months in states with poisonous critters and have only seen two poisonous snakes and no other, known to me, poisonous critters.

If you want nice weather go south, it's as simple as that. Everyone of the southern states has nice places to live and IT is everywhere. In a trailer if you don't like where you are... move.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #28

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
We moved from New Jersey to New Mexico 3 years ago. Traded green for brown, black dirt for dirt like concrete, and a 6K drop in our property taxes.
Attached Thumbnails
Corrales.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #29

Name: Thomas
Trailer: 2016 ,17ft Spirt deluxe Casita.
Florida
Go on Youtube and look up "the Willful Wanderer". He has a blog on there and has lived full time in his 16ft Casita for over 11 years. It is an interesting blog...
ironbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:13 PM   #30

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
Have heard stories from FT-ers in big rigs- who establish "permanent residence" in a state with no income tax, (Nevada?) and get a mail forwarding service or P.O. Box there, so they can migrate around the country with the changes of weather, but never stay in one place more than six months.
The states that will let you use a mail forwarding address for driver's license or other business are Florida, Texas and South Dakota and none has state income tax. You would have to show up once in a while to get your DL renewed and/or maybe for vehicle registration. Full-timers favor those three states by far. All other states have problems with regard to DL or similar with no fixed street address.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote