Clothing - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #21

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Byron, thanks for the links. I have looked at those, but ones (cheaper) I have not liked at all. The two you have links for are different fabrics. Would you post later what you think of the one you ordered? The one you ordered comes in two colors, like that. If I could feel dry after using one I would be happy to switch from cotton.

Peter, lucky you to have a bathroom door! Good idea. I just have eye hooks all over the place for my clotheslines. Dry the stuff (in trailer) going down the road during the day, strung around the van during the night.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:51 PM   #22

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
We've had luck with an electric towel-warmer on the bathroom wall. 43 watts (off an inverter when boondocking).
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
If you have a dedicated space for wet stuff, whether it's a full bath or back of a truck inside a canopy... if you can get the air moving, even cool air, stuff will dry. I've been known to open the outside window in my trailer bathroom and turn on a fan (that clamps on to the shower rod) on high to dry some soggy towels. I was hooked up to shore power so running the fan for hours wasn't a problem and it did the trick.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #24

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Wet towels. What do people do?
We have 2 sets of towel racks inside the bathroom. One on the inside of the bathroom door (as seen in the photo) and another like it on the wall over the toilet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	11741

We also have towel racks on the inside of the entry door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Entry_and_Fridge.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	11742

and on the outside of the closet door (no picture).
Old 02-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all - we borrowed a terrific idea from Joy A. Since we added an upper storage cabinet over the dinette/bed in the rear, we can use two tension-type shower rods. Joy's installation was permanent but this works well for us - we store the rods when towing. If park rules permit, sometimes we just drape our towels over the patio chairs to dry in the sun.

Now that we are back in the west, things dry MUCH faster than in the humidity of the mid-west & Florida. L 'n D
Old 02-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #26

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Yeap, my first trip in my Scamp it drove me crazy that there was no where to hang towels. Having the overhead rear cabinet I took a 1 inch dowel cut to size and placed it in between the rear cabinet and the cabinet over the sink. I simply ran a screw through the cabinets into the dowel. I did the same for the curb side between the overhead cabinet and the closet.

Placed the dowels far enough away from the windows that I could hang clothes on hangers if I ever chose to. This distance was just such that I was able to add shelves behind the rods. I use the shelves for VCR/DVD's on the street side and CD's on the curb side. I use the street side rod for kitchen towels and the curb side holds bath towels while drying.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #27

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
It doesn't seem like many of you consider the tow vehicle as a place to store things. That would seem to make much more sense to me than having to trip over things or squeeze them into the trailer. Good place to hang dress clothes, too; usually you can hang a suit bag in the back seat.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #28

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I hung wet stuf like towels and swim suits in the back of the pickup; hatch was open in camp during day and side windows partly open on the road.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:10 AM   #29

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
I hung wet stuf like towels and swim suits in the back of the pickup; hatch was open in camp during day and side windows partly open on the road.

We even take our sleeping bags to the tow vehicle and lay them out over stuff in the back. It is surprising how damp they actually are after sleeping in them. Then by evening they are warm and dry when we take them back into the Scamp.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #30

Registry
Quote:
We even take our sleeping bags to the tow vehicle and lay them out over stuff in the back. It is surprising how damp they actually are after sleeping in them. Then by evening they are warm and dry when we take them back into the Scamp.
This is surprising to me. I've slept more nights than I can to say in sleeping bags of all kinds. I've never had a bag get damp from the inside. The only reason I can think that would cause a bag to get damp from the inside is the outer shell doesn't allow the bag to breathe. I remember a number of years ago somebody trying to sell a sleeping bag with a water proof shell so you could sleep in the rain without a tent. Didn't work, the bag got wet from the inside.

Airing a bag out is always a good idea. But I'm not so sure there isn't something wrong with a bag design that gets damp from the inside.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #31

Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
If the bags are too warm for the conditions, the sleepers may be sweating more than usual and challenging the bags' breathing capabilities, esp if the humidity inside the egg is high.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #32

Registry
Quote:
If the bags are too warm for the conditions, the sleepers may be sweating more than usual and challenging the bags' breathing capabilities, esp if the humidity inside the egg is high.
I didn't think about that. I've experienced too hot early in the night, then I've opened the zipper a bit to let some cool air in and usually by morning zipping things up. Maybe part of the reason I've never had that problem is we have 3 bags of different insulation values. The one we use in the trailer most of the time is a 50° bag and thermostat is set at 50°. For those warmer nights we have a lighter yet no shell fleece bag. For those cold nights in the tent a 15° bag, which I control the inside temperature with the zipper.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #33

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
I've never had a bag get damp from the inside.
You have never been, and never will be, a middle aged "intact" female.

and don't argue with me about that, K?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 PM   #34

Registry
Quote:
You have never been, and never will be, a middle aged "intact" female.

and don't argue with me about that, K?
You're right, I'll never have that problem.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:53 AM   #35

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Not quite sure how we moved from clothing to bring camping, to wet sleeping bags on the inside, to middle aged "intact" females. Only could happen on fiberglassRV...
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #36

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #37

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I aint sayin nuthin.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #38

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'll be blunt... HOT FLASHES... and we get NIGHT SWEATS, which is different than wearing sweats from Tommy Hilfiger or Ralph Lauren

Saves the propane, no need to run the furnace in the winter
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #39

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
I'll be blunt... HOT FLASHES... and we get NIGHT SWEATS, which is different than wearing sweats from Tommy Hilfiger or Ralph Lauren

Saves the propane, no need to run the furnace in the winter
My wife calls them Power Surges.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:38 PM   #40

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Lightbulb

Quote:
This is surprising to me. I've slept more nights than I can to say in sleeping bags of all kinds. I've never had a bag get damp from the inside. The only reason I can think that would cause a bag to get damp from the inside is the outer shell doesn't allow the bag to breathe. I remember a number of years ago somebody trying to sell a sleeping bag with a water proof shell so you could sleep in the rain without a tent. Didn't work, the bag got wet from the inside.

Airing a bag out is always a good idea. But I'm not so sure there isn't something wrong with a bag design that gets damp from the inside.
Anyone who's experienced hot flashes knows how a sleeping bag gets damp inside. And regular beds and bedding, and pillow cases...
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote