full time living in a trailer in driveway? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp 1995 19'
North Carolina
I do love NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzi lor View Post
My father has lived FT in his rig for almost 30 years. When he got up to 90yo he asked if he could come "visit" with me. He's been parked on the side of the road in front of my property for over 2 years. We are the last house on a dead end road, and in a somewhat rural area in NC. A long heavy gauge extension cord supplies his electricity, and he uses propane for heat in the winter. We had one anonymous complaint, which brought an officer to my door. He said the RV was legally parked, have a nice day.

Location, location, location.

uhhh yep!
Old 09-08-2021, 06:45 PM   #22

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
When his employer moved to a building without room for his rather large trailer, my same brother moved his fifth wheel to the road allowance of a highway, inside the Calgary city limits, which was undergoing major construction. He put it behind a large pile of dirt. In time, the dirt pile got smaller, and his encampment got larger, (multiple vehicles). Eventually his spot was visible, briefly, to every passing motorist. He worked out of town often, and sometimes for quite some time. A nearby land owner, who could see his spot, (a neighbor?) grew concerned that they had not seen any activity at my brothers site for some time. They called the police to do a wellness check. There are many stories of wellness checks, by police, not working out very well. My brother had anticipated that his living arraignment may be frowned on, so he posted his contact information beside the door of his trailer. The police called him to confirm that he was OK. He was. So they went on their merry way.

When I told this story to my favorite neighbor, (who drove past my brothers encampment regularly) he got very angry. It seems that my neighbors encounters with the police have not been quite so positive.

This is the same brother that now lives in Panama on an obsolete racing sail boat.
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...tml#post822193
Old 02-07-2022, 02:46 AM   #23

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
So it sounds like your brother moved on to plan P. as in I'm out of here for a lower cost of living and regulations to deal with. I was planning on being retired and living in Croatia or something now back in late 90s. sea food, scuba diving ECT ECT
Old 07-09-2022, 12:06 PM   #24

Name: Cornelius
Trailer: Coleman Destiny Cedar
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo John View Post
15' and 1500# limitations is more in the range of pop-up campers. You may want to check them out. The hard sided ones especially.
You are right, but if you have an aliner with it's shape it SCREAMS someone lives here when it is opened up.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:48 PM   #25

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
OP hasn't been back since 09/21. Was only here about a week. I expect he abandoned the notion.
Old 11-25-2023, 12:04 AM   #26
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
This thread has been cleared of several personal attacks and is being closed. The OP’s question was answered when it was posted over two years ago. The recent resurrection of the topic added nothing helpful and much that was hurtful.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Closed Thread

Tags
scamp, vin