No permanent home no mo - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Ron F... The pleasure was all ours!!! Maybe another time we will be able to kick that foot... and hand, past the ladies!!!
As I always say "You meet the nicest people under"Glass".
Safe travels to Bill& Karen too!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #22

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Hi guys glad to have met you all in SC. karen and I are in our 2nd day of our 2 month gig here at 1st landing State Park in Virginia Beach. Wish we had all our hand and foot players her today as it Kind of boring at this point but it will pick up Fri evening for the weekend folks. Tomorrow we will set up the pahaque and that will more than double our living quarters, its a bit windy today to get it done. Enjoy your journey Bill
Old 05-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #23

Name: Bruce & Kaye
Trailer: U-Haul 13ct
Georgia
Registry
I think sanity is "highly" overrated! Awesome to go nuts! We entertain this idea almost daily!
BruceandKaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
How liberating! Enjoy the journey and keep us updated on how its going.
We are in the middle of our 2 month gig camp hosting at First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach and yesterday we had to move from Loop "H" with 39 sites to care for to loop "G" that has 85 sites. Quite a difference but very doable. We took a ride to acclimate ourselves as to the best workable route for our chores as the "G" loop consists of loops "D", "E", & "F", with 4 entrances off the main rd and all one way. while going through "D" loop we saw an Escape 5th wheel on a site pulled by a red vehicle, didn't notice the tag location and had good intentions of returning today, went back and it was gone, whats the old saying about he who hesitates?? that is the 2nd one we have seen since we got on the road on Apr 15th, the other of course was Alf who we bumped into at Myrtle Beach, SC about 5 weeks ago. They are one sharp looking rig.
temps were in the low 90"s for the past couple of days but last Friday and Sat we had a 23 hour storm come so fast with 30 mph winds with 35mph gusts we didn't get a chance to take down our Paha Que' screen room, the only alternative was to tighten the ropes and hope. It did make it through very well considering and we're thankful for that. The site we're in now has a lot more trees and we're out of the direct wind so I think we'll be better off. check the flag
Attached Thumbnails
048.jpg   047.jpg  

Old 06-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #25

Name: Carla
Trailer: Casita Liberty Delux
Illinois
NICE tent...we just brought one of those. Such quality. Now if our house ever sells...my husband and I can be on our way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill MacDermod View Post
We are in the middle of our 2 month gig camp hosting at First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach and yesterday we had to move from Loop "H" with 39 sites to care for to loop "G" that has 85 sites. Quite a difference but very doable. We took a ride to acclimate ourselves as to the best workable route for our chores as the "G" loop consists of loops "D", "E", & "F", with 4 entrances off the main rd and all one way. while going through "D" loop we saw an Escape 5th wheel on a site pulled by a red vehicle, didn't notice the tag location and had good intentions of returning today, went back and it was gone, whats the old saying about he who hesitates?? that is the 2nd one we have seen since we got on the road on Apr 15th, the other of course was Alf who we bumped into at Myrtle Beach, SC about 5 weeks ago. They are one sharp looking rig.
temps were in the low 90"s for the past couple of days but last Friday and Sat we had a 23 hour storm come so fast with 30 mph winds with 35mph gusts we didn't get a chance to take down our Paha Que' screen room, the only alternative was to tighten the ropes and hope. It did make it through very well considering and we're thankful for that. The site we're in now has a lot more trees and we're out of the direct wind so I think we'll be better off. check the flag
cozygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #26

Made my late afternoon rounds and in loop D there was 2 Casitas and neither knew the other, one is from Jacksonville, Fl. We'll have to catch up with them tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
Do you have FGRV cards printed up, Bill? That's a nice park, I used to live about the same distance away from the BBT on the other side, in my boat. Worked in Va. Beach.
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #28

Talking more on no more home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPete View Post
Do you have FGRV cards printed up, Bill? That's a nice park, I used to live about the same distance away from the BBT on the other side, in my boat. Worked in Va. Beach.
Hi Kevin, no on the cards but we do have our own business type cards that we printed off the puter.

We did meet another couple from upper state NY that had a Casita and he said it was a 17'er but when I saw the body where it rises behind the back wheel I knew it was a 16'. I didn't argue the point with him as I didn't want to burst his bubble. All tolled we saw 7 fiberglass campers in the loops we were responsible for, chit chatted with most and a couple we never saw. We left last Sunday for a week of R&R at my youngest boys house in Chesapeake, he and his family were on vacation so we got a lot done on cleaning repair etc w/o the kids bugging us and had some quiet moments with a cup of coffee. Today we left there and arrived a short time ago at my daughters in Williamsport, PA. We'll be here for a week with a dentist appointment and getting Maggie groomed. Kind of funny when we we working at VB Maggie slept on the golf cart most of the time as she was afraid I would take off w/o her. She loved to ride on the golf cart and I had to stop for every kid in the park so they could pat her. One of the couples we camp hosted with have a newer 44 foot motor home and when we go over there we have to be inside (where its cool), when they come to our place for a visit they are forced to camp, they are not snotty at all but they just don't know no better. They left last Sunday as well but they were going to another gig across the bay at Kipoteke State Park. They called today and they have 150 sites to keep up with and 2 wash rooms. They don't clean them, the rangers or contractors do that, but they do have to keep them picked up. They said they also have to separate the wood that is not completely burned from the ashes and are finding out that they are physically working 6 hrs a day. This will apparently be their first and last time at that SP.
From here we start our trip up to Cape Bretton for the vintage fiberglass rally with a stop at Campobella Island to meet up with Ron and Jane Fitzpatrick and another couple, then we will ferry over to St George and caravan to Cape Bretton. We met Ron and Jane there last year and then spent a bunch of time with them camping in Florida this past winter. nuff fur now, Bill
Old 07-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #29

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi bill---i haven't been to the park you're presently at...but we really love the one on the next leg of your journey! have you been to camden hills before?
it's one of our favourite areas and we usually head down for a week or so in september...perhaps you'll still be there then.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hi bill---i haven't been to the park you're presently at...but we really love the one on the next leg of your journey! have you been to Camden hills before?
it's one of our favorite areas and we usually head down for a week or so in September...perhaps you'll still be there then.
yes we have been there, in fact twice, both last summer, once on the way to Acadia, ME. and St Martins, NB.and the other when we returned, that was when Karen talked to the ranger about hosting. We will be there through September so hope to see you
Old 08-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #31

Name: Sherry
Trailer: Scamp 16
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel A. View Post
Good on you!!!

I've decided to hit the road at a much younger age.
Six months in the trailer and six months in the Baja.

I've just returned after three months down there and love it so much that I'm heading back for six months in late Oct. most days are sunny.
At least my time down there in a condo breaks up the trailer life.

I am leaving Portland for Baja in November. Meeting my friend Judy in San Felipe at Campo Ocotillos. Will explore from there with my Scamp. Planning to live in it for at least 6 months. Having it refurbished so missed out on a lot of summer fun.
Sherry Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #32

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
to the Forum Sherry.
Have fun while in Baja..........
Be sure to post your adventures and also with pictures.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #33

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
to the Forum Sherry.
Have fun while in Baja.
Be sure to post your adventures with pictures.
We so love pictures and following adventures.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #34

Name: Sherry
Oregon
Will do!
Sherry Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #35

No permanent home no mo 4-1/2 months out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill MacDermod View Post
yes we have been there, in fact twice, both last summer, once on the way to Acadia, ME. and St Martins, NB.and the other when we returned, that was when Karen talked to the ranger about hosting. We will be there through September so hope to see you
Well we are 4-1/2 months as fulltimers and a bit over 1/2 way into our Camden, Maine gig, having a great time meeting new folks and seeing oldies. This weekend is the tall ship weekend when all the 3 masted ships come in and the harbor is as crowded as our Casita is. They are really majestic. My great great and great grandfathers on my father's side worked building ships of this type back in the late 1700's - 1800's and that makes them all the more interesting. We have eaten our share of lobstah and fish and the Maine wild blueberries are the greatest in scones, ice cream, and also by the handful.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4539.jpg   IMG_4542.jpg  

DSCN1200.jpg   DSCN1201.jpg  

Old 09-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #36

Name: Barbara
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13
Alaska
Registry
Wow, how beautiful! Thanks for sharing, am putting this on my wish list for places to visit someday soon.
BC Scamper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #37

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Moore View Post
I am leaving Portland for Baja in November. Meeting my friend Judy in San Felipe at Campo Ocotillos. Will explore from there with my Scamp. Planning to live in it for at least 6 months. Having it refurbished so missed out on a lot of summer fun.

I'll be down in San Jose del Cabo as of Oct.31 till March.

Look me up when you get into the area of Todo Santos on the Pacific side or Cabo on the other side.
I do get to La Paz which is two hours north.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #38

Name: Norm and Ginny
Florida
Bill,

We took a day cruise on one of those 3 masters. Really fun.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #39

No permanent home no mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Bill,

Honda, We took a day cruise on one of those 3 masters. Really fun.
I'll bet it is, I can't get my wife to to go on any kind of boat (she does take ferries now and then but she is a wreck till her feet hit the ground on the other side. (go figure).
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #40

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Good for you two, for having such a wonderful life!
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote