the new (and hopefully final) layout - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Fulltiming in a Molded Fiberglass Trailer
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
the new (and hopefully final) layout

Ive rearranged 10x and found this works the best. I cannot sleep under the bunk, too tight a space. Funny, i liked it when i was camping but i guess it doesn't pass the f/t test. So i pulled out the big bed and fiddled with the bunk layout. It has to hold appliances, toiletries, a mini office, and clothes so it had to be exact. I think this is working, and i have extra room in behind the kitchen stuff. I am missing a microwave so will put a little one on top or underneath the toaster oven. (thats if the curves will allow me to) The laptop only opens back or fwd a bit, not straight up. its OK though. i did buy rail sliders for it but decided it was good enough. The chair is an alley find. It works better that the old one b/c it is a children's chair and b/c it is smaller now i can open the fridge most of the way. I'm short so its perfect for me.
Attached Thumbnails
trailer resized (1).JPG   trailer resized (2).JPG  

trailer resized (4).JPG   trailer resized (5).JPG  

trailer resized (7).JPG  
cyndi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #2

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Oh, what a cheerful space!

Just out of curiosity, what sort of work do you do that enables you to take the show on the road?
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I think that'll work, what if you have to move.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Very nice! Classy with that bed skirt. Maybe we need one.....

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:10 PM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Very nice! Classy with that bed skirt. Maybe we need one.....

CindyL
Ikea sells a bed skirt that is a wrap a round, no cover. i just cut it to size b/c like to hide the storage. I drilled eye loops into each end of the fiberglass seat under the window to tie it to.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
I think that'll work, what if you have to move.
I may have to find another garage if i'm still in transition.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
Oh, what a cheerful space!

Just out of curiosity, what sort of work do you do that enables you to take the show on the road?
I'm unemployed (well LOA), so best to live in a garage now to save $. Sort of have to for a bit.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
I know this has been stressing you, but it really is awesome!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #9

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Cyndi you certainly have created a cozy and comfortable space to call home, important when life is in transition. You have a good 'eye' for color and cozy! Hope this final arrangement works for you.......

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #10

Trailer: 1977 Boler
Wow! It looks like a cozy but very usable living space. I am truly impressed.

-M
Mark V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Looks great. If I was staying in a garage, I would get some cheap hawaii/ waterfall/ forest posters, put them on the walls of the garage, open the drapes and dream!
Old 06-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #12

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
I love the color of the interior.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #13

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi H View Post
Ive rearranged 10x and found this works the best. I cannot sleep under the bunk, too tight a space. Funny, i liked it when i was camping but i guess it doesn't pass the f/t test. So i pulled out the big bed and fiddled with the bunk layout. It has to hold appliances, toiletries, a mini office, and clothes so it had to be exact. I think this is working, and i have extra room in behind the kitchen stuff. I am missing a microwave so will put a little one on top or underneath the toaster oven. (thats if the curves will allow me to) The laptop only opens back or fwd a bit, not straight up. its OK though. i did buy rail sliders for it but decided it was good enough. The chair is an alley find. It works better that the old one b/c it is a children's chair and b/c it is smaller now i can open the fridge most of the way. I'm short so its perfect for me.

I might copy that design for myself.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #14

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi H View Post
I've thought many times over as to how nice it would be to become a full time camper, but I have way to much "stuff" that I couldn't part with and that creates a big problem. I heard an old friend of mine tell me one day, "Don't let your treasures become your burden" and that is oh so true. Some day I will have my regrets, I'm sure because I love my Scamp 16 SD and love to travel, but that hasn't happened yet.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #15

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
It looks very interesting. I like what you did with it.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #16

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark V. View Post
Wow! It looks like a cozy but very usable living space. I am truly impressed.

-M
Thank-you. I am pretty much done the reno except for resealing the 2 small windows and adding a flat screen TV.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #17

Registry
Oh i haven't let go of my stuff. its in a locker. I don't miss it though-probably b/c i know it's still there. I don't miss dusting, cleaning, polishing, and waxing it that's for sure! The F/T in trailer is nice. There's nothing to clean b/c nothing can be put anywhere but away. Floor mop is a wipe with a paper towel. I'm sure the floor is filthy though. I put in cork so the dirt wouldn't show and it really works. It never looks dirty so I rarely wipe it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #18

Name: Cat
Trailer: Uhaul CT
Maryland
This is Amazing! Your shelving/desk idea is exactly what I was trying to work out for my camper. You've made it looks so clean and so much storage!
How do you keep the stuff in place on the shelves while moving tho?
SnappleofDiscord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #19

Registry
Thanks. No room for filing cabinet so I used a portafile to keep the most important docs. The table was made from the piece of wood under the sofa, chose a mount and leg system over drop leaf so i could keep sofa option as well. This is a stationary layout, i was f/t living in it at the time. I'm sure it could be made to stay put on the move but i didnt have the need for it. I like drawers, keeps things contained.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #20

Name: PAT
Trailer: BROWSING FIBERGLASS TRAILERS
Arizona
Amazing!!

I can't believe what you have done to the inside of your trailer. OMG, all that stuff in one tiny space. I am so impressed. What kind of work do you do on the road? Do you require a wi-fi hook-up? Thanks for the pictures.
scrazyp is offline   Reply With Quote