1970 Trailswest Campster on Seattle craigslist - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #1

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
1970 Trailswest Campster on Seattle craigslist

Surprise!! I spotted a Campster for sale in the Seattle craigslist that says it is right in my own neighborhood. Of course I don't need one so I have not gone to look at it....but they are sweet little trailers for pulling with 4 cyclinders as they weigh just under 900lbs.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs

/6165665467.htmlClick image for larger version

Name:	00u0u_gliMuqDa7GZ_1200x900.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	107070
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
In your photo, on the driver side below the window...it looks like that is a flip-up shelf. Am I seeing this correctly or is that just the way the Campster is built?
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandCallie View Post
In your photo, on the driver side below the window...it looks like that is a flip-up shelf. Am I seeing this correctly or is that just the way the Campster is built?
I think what you are seeing is just the way the body is molded. That creates a ridge on the inside which partially supports the benches.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:52 AM   #4

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandCallie View Post
It is just the way the shadows are falling on the surface that makes it look that way. But the original brochure did list that one of the options was to have a bracket for the table mounted on the outside of the trailer. But that was actually nothing more than a piece of the aluminum extrusion that is the same as they used on the interior. That way you could use the table out doors or indoors. This is a photo of that type of extrusion. It is still easy to find at many RV supply stores both physical ones and internet ones.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campster