1974 Compact Jr. Offroad built (Yucca Valled, CA) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
1974 Compact Jr. Offroad built (Yucca Valled, CA)

1974 Compact Jr. Trailer - Custom Off-Road Project Build
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
1974 Compact Jr. Trailer - Custom Off-Road Project Build - $1950 (Yucca Valley)

Date: 2011-11-02, 3:38PM PDT
Reply to: sale-awvcv-2682193023@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] 
Name:   5Z55W15S63p53o63ldbbc97e7e43d4c1910eb.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  6.6 KB
This is a Compact Jr. trailer that I was totally rebuilding to allow off-road travel just about anywhere, and be equipped for fully independent boondocking for a month at a time. You can read more about what I was planning (and some more pictures) at http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-jr-32135.html
I stripped the entire fiberglass body and filled in all holes and openings (black plastic and blue tape to protect the bare epoxy until painting) and repair the minor damage. I reinforced the fiberglass from behind. I removed the fiberglass wheel wells and fiberglassed in the holes. I then had a custom frame built of 2x4 steel and a 3.5 ton axle. At this point, it's a perfect blank canvas for building the interior for your exact needs.
The frame is designed to carry two 100 gallon tanks under the trailer (one fresh water, one gray water.) The rack that you see on the trailer was designed to carry eight 200 watt solar panels on automatically tilting mount that tracks the sun. That amount of solar power is enough to allow an air conditioner to be powered via batteries. I also have all the materials for building a permanent solid roof for the trailer, replacing the current pop-up roof. The trailer was meant to be bulletproof in every way I could make it. It's built like a tank.
I have over $10,000 in this trailer already, but my plans have changed over the 4 years I've been working on it. I'm asking $2500, and that includes several parts I purchased for the trailer but have not installed yet, including all LED marker and break lights, new custom build door frame molding, and custom door drip edge. I'll include the fiberglass materials and epoxy needed to build the permanent solid roof for a very good discount, assuming you don't like the original pop-up style it has already. If you don't plan on adding the solar panels I designed into the trailer, you can have a welder cut off the rack for about $60. I really want to see someone finish this project, as it would be one-of -a-kind.
Please call 760 Three Six Five 01 Five 1
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #3

Name: Michael
Trailer: U-Haul CT-13
North Carolina
You never know what you're going to see on here. WOW. There has been a lot of work put into that trailer. Looks like it would be great for trips to Moab, Utah.
Mike in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
The owner is a member here

Here is his thread about creating this trailer:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-jr-32135.html
Old 11-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: U-Haul CT-13
North Carolina
Thanks Frederick. That was interesting. Definately a lot of thought and effort put into it. Don't know a lot about Death Valley, but it sounds like the trailer was built to survive it!
Mike in NC is offline   Reply With Quote