1980 13' Scamp with shower, skylight - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #1

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
13' Scamp with Shower, Travel Camp Trailer, Cargo Door Skylight (obo) - $5400
(Ed note: at bottom of ad the price is $5,300 OBO)

Date: 2010-01-05, 1:35PM PST

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/1538918026.html

Still available....sorry for length of description, lots to share.....please, no resellers.

1980 13' Scamp Fiberglass Camp Travel Trailer w/shower, solar power system, clear skylight, and large rear cargo door, versatile and ready to go.....

Lightweight one of a kind Scamp, with added custom rear cargo door; opening is 41" wide x 51" tall, (room for bike/motorcycle, atv, scooter, bicycles, camp gear inside etc. rear sofa/bed is removable), door could also be used for handy wheelchair access, or would even make a great compact concession type trailer to sell goods or services out of large cargo door at flea markets etc. Has large 24"x48" full opening hinged clear domed skylight which makes for great indoor sky-gazing, and a nice 77" center area head room height when closed, open skydome provides great open air ventilation when using the built-in open-flame grill/stove combo or shower; very unique and fun set-up for an early compact Scamp trailer, has a large 44"x44" wide x 77" tall shower area with 3 connected shower curtains that are suspended from ceiling rail system, they pull around to fully enclose shower area (shower curtains store away while still on rail, center shower-floor area is waterproof with thick durable rubber material and concealed when not in use with removable carpet piece; remove carpet to expose center area shower, pull curtains around you, turn-on water pump switch, and you have a hot roomy shower, hot water is supplied by a recently installed auto-ignition tankless water heater for endless hot showers, and 18 gallon water tank supply. Unique water divert valves also allow you to pre heat the entire water tank supply to shower temperature for extended shower use, or simply jump in and turn on, adjust temp dials and have hot or warm water instantly available, shower is hidden until needed.....there is hot water to sink also.

Can be towed with 4 cylinder vehicles...has new demand water pump system, new roof solar panel system for automatic battery charging/maintaining while stored, new sealed deep cycle agm rv deep cycle battery, combo frig/cooler/icebox, new open flame grill/stove combo, newer digital a/c-heatpump with remote control, front mounted compact stereo/radio, new tented slider windows were installed last year, toilet is a Thedford brand two-piece portable with integral water pump. Sleeps two comfortably on the two single convertible sofa/beds, sleep one on permanent front bed, and one on single sofa/futon/bed at rear which is lightweight and removable for cargo loading, could sleep two in rear cargo floor area when single lightweight sofa/bed is easily folded and removed.

Lightweight and easy to tow. (also included; large 13' wide 11' tall nylon octagon tent room to attach or setup at or near rear cargo door, never taken out of box or erected, big enough to build this partially screened tent room around entire trailer to keep shaded)....could use paint, very sound and versatile camp trailer that's easy to hitch and store, has outside area lights on all 4 sides of trailer for safe campsite lighting.

Ready for easy, dependable, and economical travel, $5,300 or reasonable offer, call if you would like to set up time to come see....can meet and show in secure public place only (DMV etc), Barstow area.

(760) 475-0211

Name:   3n13k43p15O55P35Sba15036875e2cafc1ab7.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  10.2 KB
[attachment=30636:3oc3pd3l...1bf91ddd.
jpg]

Name:   3m03p83l45Od5P75R6a15a026261b53d01332.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  6.8 KB
[attachment=30633:3k73p33l...1d5911
d5.jpg]
Attached Images

Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
To me, this trailers integrity (bones) would be in question, Two very large accesses have been cut into the structure. I would think this could be an issue. The back door thingy is not as much of a concern as the huge, moon roof. And I feel both even if done professionally are potential problems waiting to happen.

And for the asking price you could find a much newer one without holes in it!

Ok, after looking at the pictures again and again, What? a shower was added to the middle of the 13 ft trailer? So yet another hole? Shower drainage? This thing looks like a night mare waiting to happen.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
We've seen this trailer before for sale. I'd really, really like to see a better picture of the back door area. It appears some sort of framework was build into the opening. Maybe to strength the entire area?

Yes Robin, we've have members that have added showers to 13 foot trailers. I have links to two setups and pictures at YahooScampers. Plus, there are those that have setup portable showers inside the trailer. The curtain hangs from the ceiling in a loop and a person stands in a bucket or tub. It's a temporary setup... in that it has to be put up and taken down after each use. But with this setup there's no plumbing or drain hole.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Donna, Thanks for the info, I have heard of people putting shower stalls in their trailers, but I guess I assumed they did it in the closet area of their trailers. Not in the middle of the 13 ft'er. . And have even suggested the portable shower idea to people, but never would have ventured to add a shower in the middle of the trailer. But because of the explanation from the seller I am assuming there has to be a place for that shower water to go, hence my assumption of a shower drain. Still question all the egress's. Sorry I just can't wrap my head around this one!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
This trailer was also on eBay a while back - sometime this past summer, I think. There were quite a few photos with the listing at that time. (It didn't sell in the auction I was watching.)
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:19 PM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Ok, after looking at the pictures again and again, What? a shower was added to the middle of the 13 ft trailer? So yet another hole? Shower drainage?
Yes, a built-in shower stall in the middle of the trailer.
"Has a unique and roomy shower (44"x44"), shower area is under skylight dome, height is 77" with skylight closed, there is unlimited head room when fully propped open, equipped with three connected shower curtains that are suspended from a ceiling rail system around skylight opening, the shower curtains pull around to fully enclose you while bathing (shower curtains slide on rail and store away while still attached, [b]the shower area floor is waterproof with durable rubber material and a drain is connected to hose bib style connector outside, shower floor is concealed with fitted carpet piece when not in use; simply remove carpet to expose center shower stall, pull curtains around you, flip water pump switch up, and you have a tall roomy hot shower, shower is always concealed until needed, hot water to 3 position shower-head is supplied by a new auto-ignition tank-less propane fired water heater for endless hot showers"

Tags
scamp