2006 Scamp 13, $5200 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I mentioned this Scamp in the "Sightings" thread, as I saw it on the side of the road in Key Largo, Florida, on Friday, January 1. It's along the main highway, on the west side, towards the north end of town.

It looks very clean and original. I'm guessing it has been kept under cover, as usually Florida gelcoat is pretty sun-baked, and this is shiny and good looking.

I didn't get any photos of the inside, but I was able to peek in the door window, and it looked as clean and neat as you would expect. Plaid, original looking cushions, a front gaucho, and I saw a fold-away screen door.

I can't tell what that says after the price. You would expect maybe "BO" for best offer, but it looks more like "MO" (There is a photo of the for sale sign in with the photos.)

Being used to the Boler belly band, I noticed that this Scamp's band was smooth metal on the vertical face (Bolers have ribs there). I wonder if Scamps are all like this or if it is something that evolved as they got newer?

Of course, if you are interested, do check it out yourself and don't take my word for it -- I only spent about two minutes looking it over, as I was on the road north and just pulled over to get a few photos for this referral.

Although you can see the price has been lowered, this was the first time I noticed it parked there, after driving that stretch of road quite a few times over the holidays.

Raya

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	25764

Name:	IMG_1015.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	25760

Name:	IMG_1016.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	25761

Name:	IMG_1018.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	25762

Name:	IMG_1019.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	25763

Name:	IMG_1020.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	25765
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
A Florida Scamp with no air conditioner? I also don't see a battery box on the front, nor is there venting for a refrigerator. Guess this is very basic Scamp with the ice box. I'm also guessing that it doesn't have front and rear overhead cabinets.

Just some questions for anyone making a call, maybe I am missing something.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #3

The "For Sale" "sign says it has a 110-volt 'fridge.

There's no A/C on top, but (and I didn't get a photo of this) there is a sliding window on the rear, so one could mount/demount a window A/C there when stopped. I think I would prefer that to the roof-mount issues, myself, on a 13.

It does get pretty hot and muggy there in summer!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
I'm still thinking on this. Maybe there are no 12 volt lights inside, no furnace, only the 110.

So the trailer lights and (if it has brakes, which I doubt) would have to run off the car? And the heat generated from the electric frig would heat up the inside too.

The front bunk of this unit would be really, really hot. That is where I sleep and we have the fantastic fan near the front and I have the little kitchen window vent. It is hot even with those open.

This seems to be an odd duck, hope someone fills in the blanks.

Thanks for the puzzle of the new year Raya.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 AM   #5

Hi Nancy,

Just to put it in perspective, it would be pretty similar to the older Bolers I know, except that they often have a 3-way fridge.

Although people often add a battery to them, I think there are many older 13s that came with no battery (mine did not come with one, and I think it was a fairly average one).

Granted, the Scamp is not brimming with options (no kitchen window, no 3-way fridge), but sometimes a small, simple 13-footer is what people are looking for.

I don't mean to defend the trailer, as I have no connection to it other than having seen and photographed it; but I don't know that it is such an odd duck, either, as 13-ers go. At least not compared to the ones I'm familiar with.

Tags
scamp