2019 Parkliner 16' $22,500 - Williamson, NY - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 PM   #1

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
2019 Parkliner 16' $22,500 - Williamson, NY

I found something advertised as a 2019 Parkliner:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/r...848632288.html
https://www.rvt.com/Liberty-Outdoors...29597-UX304567

The listing seems to be legit; however, I was under the impression that the Parkliner brand had been shuttered prior to 2019. Perhaps someone more familiar with the trailers can verify the year.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:15 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
For an out of business brand trailer with a salvaged title, I would keep looking. I've owned stuff before with a salvaged title. If you keep it forever, it is OK. If you ever try to resell it, buyers tend to panic. Personally I look for a 50% discount over a non-salvage title. Ask your local bank or credit union what they think of salvaged titles.

Seller is selling several trailers with rebuilt titles. Chicago C/L with NY state seller = no thanks.

I am not intimidated by salvage titles, they can represent a deal if priced appropriately. Resale value tends to be awful. Just one person's opinion. Personally I think this seller has confused salvaged title prices with clear title prices. I don't see much of a discount.

Salvaged means an insurance company paid off a total loss on the trailer, so don't buy seller's comments that fixes were minor unless they have rock solid proof!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #3

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Bill, I'm not sure why it is listed on Chicago CL. I thought that was odd as well. I hope that someone is able to work a good deal; ParkLiner owners seem happy with their trailers.

That's a good heads up for a potential buyer regarding resale. Wouldn't have crossed my mind. A 50% discount seems steep but if I could get this trailer for $15k I probably would!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:52 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Many people live a lifestyle based on debt and financing. Getting financing on salvaged title stuff can be very difficult. Even if you have the money to pay cash, if and when YOU try to sell it, the buyer pool is reduced to other cash buyers.

Hence my discount rule up front. Maybe 25% is OK for others. I know I will take a huge haircut later if I ever try to sell it. So I look for a discount up front. Also realize that a damaged RV is likely left sitting outside, exposed to the weather, until it is sold at auction. Watch any of the you tube videos on COPART auctions sometime. You will get a feel of what storage is like. Given the house systems inside an RV, I would worry about hidden water damage.

Here is a 1997 Casita for sale right now by COPART.

https://www.copart.com/lot/52503038
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus C View Post
I found something advertised as a 2019 Parkliner:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/r...848632288.html
https://www.rvt.com/Liberty-Outdoors...29597-UX304567

The listing seems to be legit; however, I was under the impression that the Parkliner brand had been shuttered prior to 2019. Perhaps someone more familiar with the trailers can verify the year.
It looks like a good deal at that price. We paid a lot more for our 2016 from the factory. And this one has many improvements we wished we had, roof A/C, Outside storage door, styled LP tank & battery cover, flat door with full length window, a better kitchen.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #6

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
I wonder if 2019 is the date of the salvage title, and not the actual date of manufacture. I would look carefully at the serial number plate, if it has one.
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #7

Name: Sam
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
Parkliner 16

We have a 2018 Parkliner 16 we bought in July of 2018. This looks like ours, with a few subtle differences (door style, windows) that I saw in other models on line when when I was looking. It's probably a later production 2018, but I think production ended on all of them in early in 2018. One thing I do notice is the wood threshold at the doorway. That's definitely not stock and is probably part of the repair to that part of the trailer. That would be a trip hazard when entering or exiting. I'd find a different way to reinforce that area.

It's a great little trailer, and is worth saving. I would inspect the fiberglass and the frame everywhere for evidence of cracking and damage. With the shiny gelcoat, it should be obvious, and if I remember correctly, most of the frame is pretty accessible from underneath. If the damage was confined to the bottom of the door, weather exposure shouldn't hurt too much. There's really nothing there unless the damage goes higher and further back, where you might be concerned about the fridge and heater.
Sam_in_VA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner