'69 Compact Jr. $4300 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Trail Michigante
sale-pkd3c-1819772324[at]craigslist.org

Summer is here and this rare collector's item is now for sale! This little gem has been garaged most of it's life and you can sure tell! Inside and out have been kept origional. Many additions have been added to make this one of a kind. One must take a look to appreciate the beauty of this showpiece. Wether it's the 4th of July or a car show...this always strikes up a conversation. This is one of the most basic camper trailers that were ever built. It is made with fiberglass and only weighs 997 pounds. Origionally meant to be towed by a VW, any vehicle with a tow hitch can tow this.Everything works in this camper. It contains a propane tank connected to the stove, a sink with hand pump connected to water storage reserve tank, hose valve to sink, refrigerator ice box, lots and lots of storage space, portable toilet, dining area with fold out table which turns into a queen size sleeping area, surround sound audio, extra battery connected to 115 volt with extra outlets in place inside and out, origional awning pullout to sit in the shade on those hot days, built in skylight allows you to see the stars while you fall asleep. Just pull up and start camping! Feel free to contact me to come by and take a look. Call for an appointment. Will take the best offer in the next few days. This will not last long. Cell (714) 875 61 four five
Thank You,
Curran
Attached Images

Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Looks like they made the top permanent vs. folding.

I see the "made to be towed with a VW" myth lives. I've seen that on other Compact Jr. ads - I guess people must be getting them confused with Eriba Pucks, which I understand were sold at VW dealers back in the day. I don't think CJ ever had any connection to Volkswagens.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #3

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Quote:
Looks like they made the top permanent vs. folding.

I see the "made to be towed with a VW" myth lives.

How about if you used one of these?
Attached Thumbnails
v8Bug.jpg   v8Bus.jpg  

Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #4

Actually, I didn't mean because VW's "couldn't tow" in this case. I guess I was a bit un-clear.

What I meant was that I have several times seen ads for Compact Jr.s (or their ilk) in which the seller claimed that they had some connection to VW, or were specifically made to be towed by VWs, or were sold by VW dealers, etc.

Edited to add: See new info below; apparently (at least some) CJ's were sold through VW dealers. So while what I say about the Eribas is true, to the best of my knowledge - I was apparently mistaken about the CJs.

What I understand to be true is that the Eriba Puck (and perhaps other Eriba models) were sold through VW dealers in the US, and had some sort of VW connection; but I don't believe Compact/Hunter/Trailswest, etc. had any VW connection.

Raya
Old 07-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #5

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Quote:
Actually, I didn't mean because VW's "couldn't tow" in this case. I guess I was a bit un-clear.

What I meant was that I have several times seen ads for Compact Jr.s (or their ilk) in which the seller claimed that they had some connection to VW, or were specifically made to be towed by VWs, or were sold by VW dealers, etc.

What I understand to be true is that the Eriba Puck (and perhaps other Eriba models) were sold through VW dealers in the US, and had some sort of VW connection; but I don't believe Compact/Hunter/Trailswest, etc. had any VW connection.

Raya
Raya

I have in my hot little hands the warranty card for my JR.; "It" was indeed sold by "Volkswagen Central Inc, 6212 Brecksville Rd. Cleveland, Ohio; on 6/30/72.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #6

Ooh, new info! Sweet!

That is veeery interesting; thank you for posting it!

I wonder what the official connection was. Were all of the CJ's sold through VW dealers? Did they sell some through other retailers? Any right from the manufacturer?

Thanks again for piping in

Raya
Old 07-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #7

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
Quote:
Ooh, new info! Sweet!

That is veeery interesting; thank you for posting it!

I wonder what the official connection was. Were all of the CJ's sold through VW dealers? Did they sell some through other retailers? Any right from the manufacturer?

Thanks again for piping in

Raya
I don't know how many were sold by VW dealers, but Mine was.
Click image for larger version

Name:	phpBcOgHMPM.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	29321
Attached Thumbnails
phpWhKDA5PM.jpg  
Old 04-18-2017, 11:42 PM   #8

Name: Dan
Trailer: compact jr
NM
what vin is that don'n deb, do you still have your trailer?, seems spot on with my trailer.. year and vin, from what i can read. interesting.
dantillon914 is offline   Reply With Quote