Another Burro 13 for me! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Another Burro 13 for me!

Hi all, I just purchased another Burro. This camper is a lot nicer than my last Burro when I bought it. The inside is pretty nice actually. I think I am just going to do an over all clean up, replace the headliner, remove and re-seal all of the windows and polish up the exterior and maybe some new hub caps. No $8000.00 restoration on this one! I have attached some pictures. I am not going to keep this one, because I am still looking around for a 16' scamp or comparable casita to customize to my liking. I also found a 13' scamp that I should have my hands on within the next couple of weeks, but it is going to need work. If anyone is interested in this burro, let me know. It is still a nice blank canvas!

Thanks, Mark
Attached Thumbnails
burro2.jpg   burro1.jpg  

Attached Images

Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #2

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
As a new burro owner always looking for good ideas, I am definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. Exciting!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
If anyone is interested in this burro, let me know. It is still a nice blank canvas!

Thanks, Mark
Please PM Mark directly if you have any interest. If this thread goes commercial it will be moved over to Classifieds.

Regards,

Matt
Old 02-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #4

Registry
Matt, it is actually not for sale yet. I just put the offer out there incase any one is looking for a small egg camper. I plan on doing a little updating and cleaning and posting the progress on this post. If I decide to sell it, I will post it to the classified section where it belongs. I am not trying to break any rules here, just trying to make conversation and open a discussion.

Mark
Old 02-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #5

Registry
Today, we were repairing and re-sealing the windows that needed attention, removing the NASTY headliner and replacing the weather stripping on the entry door. Tomorrows work will involve replacing the flimsy cabinet doors, new floor covering and new head liner.

Making progress! I just need to know when to stop on this camper......
Attached Thumbnails
burro3.jpg   burro4.jpg  

burro5.jpg   burro6.jpg  

Old 02-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Go, Mark, Go! LOVE watching you!!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
Oh, do feel free to mention any headliner cutting and gluing tips...I'm just now looking at some options for mine. It's got this crappy looking black stuff that resembles super lightweight craft felt, and I'd like to replace it with something a lighter color that is more moisture and mildew resistant, like a marine vinyl or some such fabric.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #8

Registry
Jen, if you go to my older post, there I took alot of pictures of my headliner in my 85 burro restoration. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ion-42545.html. I am not doing anything as extensive on this camper. I am just doing a standard material headliner with the Scamp "rat fur" material over 1/2" carpet padding. I am glueing the padding to the ceiling with 3M super 77 spray adhesive, that worked really well on my other Burro project. I also have some metal banding that fastens to the ceiling to hold the materials and clamps the material along the edge to make a clean transfer from the headliner to the fiberglass. I will post pictures of it along the way.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Go, Mark, Go! LOVE watching you!!!!

Vickie, this camper is NOT going to be anywhere close to the project that I did last summer. This is just a clean up and repair, not a restoration. I am saving all of that money and energy for my future 16'r! This is a pretty solid camper the way it sits, I just wanted to make it a little more eye friendly. This had been sitting in a barn for over 11 years, and needed some maintenance. I did find a use for those crazy spinner style hub caps that I bought for the other Burro though. Somethings wrong when you buy a camper to fit hub caps that are on a shelf... LOL

REMEMBER THESE????
Attached Thumbnails
1hubcap.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 AM   #10

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
REMEMBER THESE????
I do!

I see absolutely nothing wrong with buying a trailer to match hubcaps

I've been known to buy a dress to match shoes...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Mark....
Burro's are one of my Favorites and that one looks solid ....but i really like that Workshop.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #12

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Jen, if you go to my older post, there I took alot of pictures of my headliner in my 85 burro restoration. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ion-42545.html. I am not doing anything as extensive on this camper. I am just doing a standard material headliner with the Scamp "rat fur" material over 1/2" carpet padding. I am glueing the padding to the ceiling with 3M super 77 spray adhesive, that worked really well on my other Burro project. I also have some metal banding that fastens to the ceiling to hold the materials and clamps the material along the edge to make a clean transfer from the headliner to the fiberglass. I will post pictures of it along the way.
Cool, Mark -thanks!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #13

Registry
Mark---It doesn't even have to be a fancy re-do like your last one----I just like watching someone who has the skills and "gets it done"!

Oh, how I remember those hubcaps! Sweet!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #14

Registry
Headliner complete!

I got the headliner finished today. It turned out pretty good. I wish I had done this on the Burro-stream, this was WAY easier!

The first picture shows the carpet padding installed, and the second picture shows the Scamp "rat fur" glued over and tucked. Worked perfectly and alot easier than my process on the other camper.
Attached Thumbnails
burro8.jpg   burro7.jpg  

Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #15

Registry
Installed new flooring, installed re-sealed windows and removed old cabinet doors to be replaced with new doors. Replaced water fill door and the shore power cord port with new ones. Purchased new curtains and throw pillows. I should have the cabinet doors installed tomorrow along with the hard wood entry.
Attached Thumbnails
burro9.jpg   burro10.jpg  

burro11.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
It's looking very nice Mark. I love all the energy you throw into your projects. rb
Rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #17

Registry
Here are a couple of pictures of the hardwood entry that I finished today. The cabinet doors are finished also, just didn't get the pics of those yet.
Attached Thumbnails
burro12.jpg   burro13.jpg  

Old 02-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #18

Registry
Way to go, Mark!!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:33 AM   #19

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
That yellowed ceiling vent has to go, it looks terrible now that the rest looks so good!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
That yellowed ceiling vent has to go, it looks terrible now that the rest looks so good!

I keep telling myself that I am not getting carried away with this camper. The vent will probably stay. That will be something that the next owner can replace if they want. I am trying to keep this camper fairly affordable and only repairing things that need it. I have a new plastic dome on the vent, but the rest is original.

Tags
burro