CA los angeles, WTB still looking. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2021, 05:12 PM   #1

Name: Rick
Trailer: sprinter looking to tow something
California
CA los angeles, WTB still looking.

I don't know if this sub-forum is well suited for this type of post. After all these years I am still looking for a light weight composite travel trailer of some sort. Managed to save up some money. Have cash will travel.
Comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:38 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp
California
Rick, I’m in SoCal And look every day, have been for roughly 12 Months. I managed to pick up two Fiberglass trailers last fall, a scamp and casita. I’ve sense sold the Casita 16’ because it needed far more work than I wanted to do but only after I purchased the Scamp 13’. I got a heck of a deal on both, the way I did it was to be early in replying, first is always best but Both times I messaged the seller and said that I’ll take it as is, that I don’t need to test anything, that I have cash (Their full asking price) and can come anytime. Both were over 20 years old or so.
Anyhow if I find anything around here, I will post the link here for you. I check daily all of Northern California Down to San Diego and the Nevada, Arizona, Utah areas.
Both of the trailers I purchased were within 75 miles from my house, I was persistent in emailing and messaged over five times each before I got a reply, each time the seller said that they liked what I had to say In the emails also that they had an overwhelming amount of responses.
The Scamp 13 is as cute as they come but I can imagine we would like a 16 footer one day.
It’s currently a sellers market, I took advantage of that, it’s the primary reason why I sold the Casita. I believe 2023-2025 will be a buyers market.
Mike in SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:38 PM   #3

Name: Rick
Trailer: sprinter looking to tow something
California
I spoke to a sales guy last week who said the same thing, its a hugely tilted market towards sellers right now. He told me if I can wait, I should wait. And I can. But anybody has anything feel free to message me.

Honestly I'd be happy enough with one of the more traditionally built small campers, but I'm trying to hold out for my ideal choice, a molded composite one. I checked on the wait time for a new Scamp 16 and its 17 months. I may have to just get on the list for one of those.. If I were smarter I'd already have one. I registered on this forum 3 years ago looking for one.
Comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #4

Name: Andy
Trailer: In the market
California
I'm in SoCal looking for a 13' as well. Let me know if you see anything pop up. I'm looking on here as well as fiberglass-rv-4sale as well as Craigslist.
TheFrostMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:41 PM   #5

Name: Cece
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 19’ :)
Ohio
Comp, I know how you feel. Wanted a 19’ 3 years ago and decided to wait until I was closer to retiring. Who knew how quickly things would go crazy?
Ceceoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceceoh View Post
Comp, I know how you feel. Wanted a 19’ 3 years ago and decided to wait until I was closer to retiring. Who knew how quickly things would go crazy?
If you are set on a fifth wheel, there are just two choices, the Scamp and the Escape. None of the newer manufacturers have come out with fifth wheels. So that is going to really limit supply. And Escape costs a lot more than a Scamp.

If it is what you want, I'd order a new one, and while you are waiting, save up. The nice thing about Scamp you can cancel your order and get a refund on the small deposit.

I have owned a fifth wheel in the past (not Scamp) and found the floor plan to be my favorite.

My advice to anyone seeking a Scamp, get one on order. And while you are waiting, continue to search. If you find a deal on a used one, GREAT! If not, you will then have a new one! Don't wait to find a used one, only to order a new one a year from now.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:02 AM   #7

Name: Cece
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 19’ :)
Ohio
I looked at the recent Escape ad, and they weigh twice as much as a Scamp. But the sure look classy next to the Minnasota bobble head. ��
Ceceoh is offline   Reply With Quote