Compact Jr. Fresno, CA $2995 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Compact Jr. Fresno, CA $2995

Rare Compact Jr small fiberglas trailer

I can check it out but am not qualified to evaluate anything but overall appearance, inside condition- can't tell you about the frame or systems unless they are obviously in bad shape. Pictures suggest it is in great condition.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Pretty good price too.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #3

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
From the pictures it looks very good. A few years ago I bought a Compact Jr it was a POS. Donna D even looked at it when I started working on it, and her comments were not good. Took two years to make it look camp able again. This blue one is in good shape for the price. The price is not bad. I paid $1500.00 to much for mine which was a POJ.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Do my eyes deceive me or is that the oft rumored about "W" (wide) model. LOL

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #5

Registry
Pos? Poj?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #6

Registry
No pics of the top up which makes me wonder what kind of condition it is in.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #7

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
POJ= Piece of Junque
POS= Piece of (expletive deleted)

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #8

Name: Edna
Trailer: Compact Jr
California
We bought this one, It was actually in great condition but my husband and I are going to do a frame off restoration since the previous owner got happy with a paint brush and globbed paint everywhere as well as had the trailer hitch cut and welded to different heights several times. after reading the responses to my first post we gutted the whole thing yesterday and later this week we're going to pull it off the frame. the top up had a new canvas and no cracks on any of the fiberglass. The only bad thing about the top was that someone had put a few layers of heavy carpet on it and it pulled it down so it sags a tiny bit. Luckily my husband welds so he wants to replace the angle iron and build a visible skeleton. Not sure if that will work or not but if it doesn't the top is fine
Sadly it looks like whenever the owner wanted something done to it whoever she hired did patch jobs. She has boat light's on the back, a small fiberglass patch 2"x2" that was done poorly but other than that we figure a few bucks and she's gonna be travel worthy
We also decided we don't want the stove/oven back in it because someone painted that too So we pulled out the galley fiberglass form, sink and stove and are going to wait and see if we really want or need any of it back in after we put the supports back in. All in all I think it was a great buy and soo excited to build her up again
Edna VG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #9

Registry
I have boat lights, too, lol, replaced the originals with LEDs and that's what was easily available that would fit. Downside was not the easiest to waterproof. I'll be interested to see what you find that works. Just left a note on the other post- I'm here in Fresno with my trailer so if you want to check anything out, mostly the rest of mine is original. Well, not quite, but closer than a lot of them.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #10

Name: Edna
Trailer: Compact Jr
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I have boat lights, too, lol, replaced the originals with LEDs and that's what was easily available that would fit. Downside was not the easiest to waterproof. I'll be interested to see what you find that works. Just left a note on the other post- I'm here in Fresno with my trailer so if you want to check anything out, mostly the rest of mine is original. Well, not quite, but closer than a lot of them.
That would be awesome! I'll have to go see it one of these weekends
Edna VG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:03 PM   #11

Registry
Oh, sorry, I was thinking it was a Campster- but you got the compact. The stove/oven was the giveaway and I missed it. But it is still pretty similar in the interior- the Campster had only a two burner stove and no oven, but otherwise very similar to the non-toilet interior of a Compact. I gather the frame is different, though. But you are still welcome to come see it.