Fiberglass houseboat on trailer.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
Fiberglass houseboat on trailer....

Here's a cutie, looks like fiberglass. Could leave it on the boat trailer and treat it as a camper or dump it in the lake for a houseboat.

It's in mid-Michigan.

I have no connection to the boat, just passing on info.

https://saginaw.craigslist.org/boa/6024446265.html
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:25 AM   #2

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by john madill View Post
Here's a cutie, looks like fiberglass. Could leave it on the boat trailer and treat it as a camper or dump it in the lake for a houseboat.

It's in mid-Michigan.

I have no connection to the boat, just passing on info.

https://saginaw.craigslist.org/boa/6024446265.html
Only ONE pic and the photo is from about 1962! THis has SCAM written all over it.

EDIT: Looks like maybe the photo came from this page:
http://www.all-about-houseboats.com/...erbubbles.html
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:52 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Years ago, I think we had a member that found one of these trailers parked and in sad repair. The upshot, it's not fiberglass but built with Goodyear Royal-Lite. The Royal Traveler, a trailer by Traveleze is made of the same stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
RoyalTraveler.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #4

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Years ago, I think we had a member that found one of these trailers parked and in sad repair. The upshot, it's not fiberglass but built with Goodyear Royal-Lite. The Royal Traveler, a trailer by Traveleze is made of the same stuff.
onna did I not notice a article about this same unit being Restored in a Bellingham Marine yard area just recently? It was in FGRV Forums.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Flat bottom, stay off the rough water!
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #6

Name: dave
Trailer: no longer looking at Parkliner,04 Honda Odyssey
Pennsylvania
Fiberglass RV/Boat

I wish someone would make something like a Parkliner or Scamp with a wet bath and galley mounted on a pontoon or other stable type boat frame. That would double your camping possibilities! But in my search for alternative multi functional type campers I found that boat and utility trailer manufacturers generally are in a separate world and seem to know little about RVs. For example, I had a local Legend utility trailer dealer install my towing setup on my Odyssey only to find that, while the exterior lights worked fine, none of the interior electrics worked at all once I got to the campsite! Could have been a lack of technician talent but when I took it back to have it properly wired I found the store owner seemed to have no knowledge of converters or inverters either!
flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:08 PM   #7

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
During my trips to the interior of BC I saw some really nice house boats that were basically fiberglass trailers mounted on pontoons. They are trailered to and from the lake. I also saw some folks use them for camping on the trailer used to move them. Only drawback is you need a heavy tow vehicle as these units can be quite heavy but otherwise they work quite well.
A friend of mine has had one of these house boats for years. I don't think he has ever put it in the water but camped in it many times.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
Mike, That sounds pretty cool! Got any pics of those creations? Not that I need another project! SeaLander, a German company,is apparently selling their 13' Caravan/Yacht here now. Claimed to be under 1000 lbs and under $20K. The body is fiberglass reinforced as is the folding top. Would'nt want to get hit by a medium size wave with it though! I hope they start producing something big enough to stand in, a bit higher out of the water, still Odyssey towable and with a real boat engine.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaco View Post
I wish someone would make something like a Parkliner or Scamp with a wet bath and galley mounted on a pontoon or other stable type boat frame. That would double your camping possibilities! But in my search for alternative multi functional type campers I found that boat and utility trailer manufacturers generally are in a separate world and seem to know little about RVs. For example, I had a local Legend utility trailer dealer install my towing setup on my Odyssey only to find that, while the exterior lights worked fine, none of the interior electrics worked at all once I got to the campsite! Could have been a lack of technician talent but when I took it back to have it properly wired I found the store owner seemed to have no knowledge of converters or inverters either!
Look here... The first is a page from a Scamp brochure. I had a close up but it won't upload, so click on it and look a the center top picture.
The second picture... well who knows
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
Attached Images

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #10

Pennsylvania
Floyd, That looks doable. That looks like a vintage Scamp brochure. Wonder what the weight is? The one in the lower photo looks a bit top heavy In Australia they are lucky to have the CaraBoat and the Boat A Home Escape 2. Both fiberglass I believe but also both around 5000lbs and 500+lb tongue weight. I will try to attach some CaraBoat photos but these are both on YouTube too.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:52 PM   #11

Pennsylvania
Sorry but the CaraBoat photos would not attach. I clicked on video and attach file (jpg) and Open but I am not seeing them. Same thing when I tried to attach SeaLander file yesterday. Maybe that attach feature is only for videos not stills? Help!