Fiberglass Trailer Scams - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #121

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi guys, it's me Gary R with a quick report on three scams that I noticed on
Ebay of Fiberglass Travel Trailers:

first........Ebay #230004701290
second....Ebay #230023136714
third........Ebay #320022150957

REd flags everywhere on these three listings....first they always start at a ridiculously low price, like 49 cents....second the buy it now price is generally in the $2800-2900 range.......third there is always some problems with using Ebay email, so you have to directly contact them...also they often are unavailable on
Sundays or they are away from their usual email.....fourth one of the "vendors" is acually using the same email address he used when he scammed me "just4u2@netzero.com.

So I am channelling my anger into preventing these people from scamming any more unsuspecting fiberglass trailer purchasers...eveybody needs a hobby LOL

Gary R
Gary R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #122

Trailer: Scamp
Registry

That one's been on ebay several times, I've reported it with different item numbers close to a dozen times.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #123

Registry
Quote:
Hi guys, it's me Gary R with a quick report on three scams that I noticed on
Ebay of Fiberglass Travel Trailers:

first........Ebay #230004701290
second....Ebay #230023136714
third........Ebay #320022150957

REd flags everywhere on these three listings....first they always start at a ridiculously low price, like 49 cents....second the buy it now price is generally in the $2800-2900 range.......third there is always some problems with using Ebay email, so you have to directly contact them...also they often are unavailable on
Sundays or they are away from their usual email.....fourth one of the "vendors" is acually using the same email address he used when he scammed me "just4u2@netzero.com.

So I am channelling my anger into preventing these people from scamming any more unsuspecting fiberglass trailer purchasers...eveybody needs a hobby LOL

Gary R

Keep reporting them.
I've reported a bunch.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #124

I'm beginning to think every trailer on ebay, is a scam!

http://cgi.ebay.com/04-SCAMP-CASITA-16-TRA...1QQcmdZViewItem

How can you sell this Casita for $2800????
No location!
Don't use ebay to email!
Free shipping!

How do you let ebay know if you think it is a scam?
JulieOregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #125

Trailer: 35 ft Park Model
Julie:

As far as I'm concerned this ad IS A SCAM. The many recent posts here have reported the 2800-2900 dollar price, among other noticable similarities, such as: DO NOT BID - CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL ONLY.

Too good to be true? Buyer Beware!

Apparently Ebay is being flooded with these scam ads right now. Hopefully a solution will be coming soon. I'm also hearing that Ebay users are having their accounts hijacked by way of responding to false emails (looks like it's from Ebay but isn't). If you need to contact Ebay, make sure you do so directly from their home page and not some link in a bogus email.

Please be careful.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #126

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
I've had to change the password on my email twice in the last month and ebay wants me to change my password there for the second time in 2 weeks. Somebody has been emailing me with forms that look more like ebay forms than ebay forms do saying they are going to report me to ebay if I don't send the item they won off me. Problem is I have not sold anything on ebay for close to 2 years. What they're after is my email address. If you get one of these, DO NOT REPLY to the email. check to see if the same message is on your ebay message board. If ebay sends it they also display it on your personal message board under my ebay. Now today I got a message from ebay wanting me to change my email and ebay password again, now I'm wondering if thats ebay or the scondrels. I think I'll just stay off ebay and see if things cool down or sign up in a new account later. Too bad though, I've bought some high dollar items off there including my Casita and years ago a Goldwing bike. would'nt dare now
Old 08-29-2006, 08:14 PM   #127

it's a scam ad. I just reported them. Here's the scammers aol directories with john deere tractors, airstreams, etc >

http://hometown.aol.com/Myrestaurant2006

To report a scam ad to ebay, login to ebay > click on My Ebay > click on My Messages > click on Contact us in the left column.

there is a category for unauthorized account activity.

after choosing category, put the auction ID in the subject line and type your msg. I usually put a link to the auction and a link to all auctions by that user. There are on avg 40 scam vehicles per stolen ID.

Ebay is pretty quick to remove them once reported.
tracy.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #128

Registry
Quote:
I've had to change the password on my email twice in the last month and ebay wants me to change my password there for the second time in 2 weeks. Somebody has been emailing me with forms that look more like ebay forms than ebay forms do saying they are going to report me to ebay if I don't send the item they won off me. Problem is I have not sold anything on ebay for close to 2 years. What they're after is my email address. If you get one of these, DO NOT REPLY to the email. check to see if the same message is on your ebay message board. If ebay sends it they also display it on your personal message board under my ebay. Now today I got a message from ebay wanting me to change my email and ebay password again, now I'm wondering if thats ebay or the scondrels. I think I'll just stay off ebay and see if things cool down or sign up in a new account later. Too bad though, I've bought some high dollar items off there including my Casita and years ago a Goldwing bike. would'nt dare now

I would hope that you didn't follow the links in the email(s) to change your password. If you did you more than likely told the scammers your password and user name. Check and see how many things you have for sale on eBay.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #129

Trailer: 35 ft Park Model
I just checked my ebay account. I haven't used it to buy/sell anything in at least 4 years. I've just found out my account/handle is suspended due to fraudulent activity.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #130

Registry
WORD OF CAUTION;

I never respond to an email wanting password changes, conformation, etc. If any of my accounts anyplace is closed because I didn't change a password, confirm, etc. it's usually not a big issue to get it fixed or create another account.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:46 AM   #131

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
send a copy of the email to "spoof@ebay.com" and they'll tell you if it's legit, mostly they aren't though
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #132

Trailer: 82 14 ft Surfside Triple E
Registry
If you're not sure if an ebay auction item is a scam or not, don't worry about making a mistake. eBay will check it out, and if it's legit it stays. If it's a scam, you'll see it disappear fairly quickly after your report to eBay.
And those emails wanting anything from you by eBay? you can just click "forward" and forward it to spoof@ebay.com exactly as it is. You'll get a response from ebay confirming if it is legit or not. I agree with the others here-I get these things a few times a week wanting my password or threatening my account or saying I havent sent the item I've "sold" when I didnt have anything listed. eBay will always have all legit messages to you listed in your ebay account area. If you don't see a message there but you got an email, forward it to "spoof@ebay.com". It's not legit. I lost an auction for a Boler a couple of months ago and was the second highest bidder. I got an email shortly afterwards when I was still licking my wounds and trying to recover from losing something I was sure I had won, saying something like: "Second Chance!!! You are the second highest bidder. The winning bidder is not responding to my emails so you have the option of buying at your highest bid." Please respond immediately with your name, address, phone number and send $xxx. to (a place in the UK)." I immediately responded with an email saying I was absolutely still interested. Then I got another email asking if I'd sent the $$ yet to some place in the UK. I emailed questions which were all ignored except for further emails from them asking when I'd be sending the $$. Finally, after figuring it out that I was about to be scammed, I emailed back with a few choice words and telling them that I had already reported them. I got no more emails. It makes you mad. eBay confirmed that it was a scam in the making. Catherine
Catherine H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #133

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom Deluxe
Scam??? Another $2900 Casita on EBAY Listed under Toys & Hobbies / Football
Mike-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:02 PM   #134

There is a seller who has posted several For Sale ads in the past few weeks on Ebay for 13' Scamp trailers. They always want you to contact them outside Ebay by a different email and they say they are in Europe, usually UK.

Don't fall for the cheap $2800 or $2900 buy it now. It is a SCAM and this seller belongs in the bottom of a porta potty.
janic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #135

Registry
Quote:
There is a seller who has posted several For Sale ads in the past few weeks on Ebay for 13' Scamp trailers. They always want you to contact them outside Ebay by a different email and they say they are in Europe, usually UK.

Don't fall for the cheap $2800 or $2900 buy it now. It is a SCAM and [b]this seller belongs in the bottom of a porta potty.

NOW just wait a minute here!! That just way too good for him.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #136

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Quote:

Gary R

I buy and sell ATVs once in awhile on ebay and have reported at least 25 to 30 fraudelant listings in the last year and they have all been removed. Eggs are not the only fraud that is going on on ebay.
The scammers are using the same con on both the ATVs and the Eggs.
Keep up the good work and hopefuly we can save someone some hard earned money.

John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:14 AM   #137

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Send a message via MSN to BillNKC Send a message via Yahoo to BillNKC
Just found this one on EBay 230027447749 and it has been reported. I am tired of theives cheats and general low lifers.
BillNKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:28 AM   #138

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Send a message via MSN to BillNKC Send a message via Yahoo to BillNKC
Just for giggles and grins.

E bay is so hammered with fraud listings they now will reject emails to spoof@ebay.com and requirre us to forward their auto response so they know the email is genuine.

I guess what it really means is Ebay doesnt care about buyers just the royal $$$ in their pocket.
BillNKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #139

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
More scams on ebay,sure would be nice to find theses scamps that cheap

Do people actually fall for this?
Terry in Midwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #140

Registry
Quote:
Just for giggles and grins.

E bay is so hammered with fraud listings they now will reject emails to spoof@ebay.com and requirre us to forward their auto response so they know the email is genuine.

I guess what it really means is Ebay doesnt care about buyers just the royal $$$ in their pocket.
Maybe that's why I use the "Report this item" on the listing page.

Tags
scamp