Fiberglass Trailer Scams - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #141

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Here's another one that seems too good to be true.

9.95 for a 2003 Casita
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:22 PM   #142

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
just a word of caution concerning fraudulent second chance offers on ebay. i just completed a successful auction on my egg and someone is now sending emails that look just like an ebay page, (signed: thank you, ebay), to my bidders offering to sell my trailer at a reduced price. this person is stupid enough to have sent one to my buyer! i have reported this to ebay. anyone who receives a fraudulent second offer should do the same.
gillian s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #143

Quote:
Here's another one that seems too good to be true.

9.95 for a 2003 Casita
Its been pulled already. That was fast.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:41 PM   #144

This sure looks like another scam. 2002 Casita for $2800 and he will ship anywhere in Canada and US free.

scam?

And for an even better deal the buy it now price for this 2005 Casita with all the extras is only $2900 and will ship free. Wow.

2005 scam
Old 09-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #145

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
This sure looks like another scam. 2002 Casita for $2800 and he will ship anywhere in Canada and US free.

scam?

And for an even better deal the buy it now price for this 2005 Casita with all the extras is only $2900 and will ship free. Wow.

2005 scam
SCAMS. I've reported both. In fact there was 3 plus a tractor.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #146

Trailer: 17 ft Boler
I sent e-mail about the 1993 13ft. Bigfoot listed for sale in Texas and here is the e-mail i got back.

Date: 10/8/2006 1:16:30 PM
To: John D
Subject: Re: 1993 Bigfoot Trailer

Hello,

thank you for your email. The price is $1900 with the shipping and handling included. I am saying shipping because the item is located in San Miguel, New Mexico but i hope that will not be a problem because as i said the shipping is already payed and i will use BuySafe service to complete the transaction. I am not in Us right now, i am in UK in my honeymoon and i have left the item in the custody of buysafe to take care of the transaction for me. So once again i hope you are still interested and i if you are i hope you are serious because i need to sell it right away. I was planning to sell it wen i get back but something came up and i really need to sell it now.

Thank you and i am waiting for your reply.
Frank

I would say this a Scam.
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #147

Two questions, did you use the e-mail address in the auction or the ask seller a question? And it sure sounds like the same story many others have used. Second question is about the payment. If you use paypal it is protected but the other method it isn't covered by ebay. Sounds like a scam to me, If you were selling a trailer wouldn't you just wait until you got home from your honeymoon before you sold your trailer? And free shipping is like a scam give away.

It seems to have been pulled from ebay now, unless you have a link. Most of the scams are not even listed under ebay motors but some unrelated catagory.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #148

Quote:
Two questions, did you use the e-mail address in the auction or the ask seller a question? And it sure sounds like the same story many others have used. Second question is about the payment. If you use paypal it is protected but the other method it isn't covered by ebay. Sounds like a scam to me, If you were selling a trailer wouldn't you just wait until you got home from your honeymoon before you sold your trailer? And free shipping is like a scam give away.

It seems to have been pulled from ebay now, unless you have a link. Most of the scams are not even listed under ebay motors but some unrelated catagory.
This trailer is listed on this site for sale.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #149

I looked at the items for sale on this site and couldn't find it listed. I saw a bigfoot but they wanted 7900 and some 13 foot scamps but no 13 foot bigfoot, 1993.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:11 PM   #150

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I was just reading in an old (2004) newsletter about a person who sent money by Western Union to someone in UK for a laptop computer on EBay that never arrived -- Apparently scams have been going on for years -- I dunno anything about BuySafe.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #151

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
If he just got married, he no doubt really does need the money

It's a scam.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #152

Quote:
I looked at the items for sale on this site and couldn't find it listed. I saw a bigfoot but they wanted 7900 and some 13 foot scamps but no 13 foot bigfoot, 1993.
Look in Referrals: For Sale Ads
It is still there.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #153
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Look in Referrals: For Sale Ads
It is still there.
We still have the listing in our referrals (so y'all won't think you're nuts when you go looking for it), but it's now been removed from [b]craigslist, which is where this one was posted.

Happy sleuthing, y'all!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #154

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
The referal and all info about it has been removed from our boards.

Please do not hold Lisa responsible for any contact made with this seller. She did not know.

Thats the problem with these guys, they are getting better. I didn't see anything wrong with the ad that would have alerted me.

Thanks for the note Keith. It has been posted in this thread.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #155

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 17 ft / Touareg V8
1998 Scamp on Craigslist $2,900
Side dinette in Aspen

16 foot with lots of options Email larry_tho@yahoo.com
JOHN PAUL EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #156

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
[b]1998 Scamp on Craigslist $2,900
Side dinette in Aspen

Thanks for the heads up. In this case, though, I'm thinking it is not legit. The guy emailed that he is in the U.K. and the price includes delivery? etc. etc.
Erik Meade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:31 AM   #157

Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 17 ft / Touareg V8
Quote:
[b]1998 Scamp on Craigslist $2,900
Side dinette in Aspen

[b]I THINK SOMETHING IS FISHY HERE. SORRY GUYS!!
JOHN PAUL EVANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #158

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
I was just on eBay and on a whim typed in "casita rv" just to see what was out there. There is a 2005 Spirit Deluxe listed there with 29 bids, up to $910, with a buy-now price (with deliver) of $2,900. Also, the seller states that he has maintains the right to pull the auciton if someone offers his buy-now price at any time. This has to be a scam, don't you think? Just way too good to be true.

Haven't a clue how to notify eBay. Don't even know if they would care at this point, since an individual is, of course, allowed to sell whatever he wants below value as long as he makes delivery.

Sallie Stout
SallieStout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #159

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
I was just on eBay and on a whim typed in "casita rv" just to see what was out there. There is a 2005 Spirit Deluxe listed there with 29 bids, up to $910, with a buy-now price (with deliver) of $2,900. Also, the seller states that he has maintains the right to pull the auciton if someone offers his buy-now price at any time. This has to be a scam, don't you think? Just way too good to be true.

Haven't a clue how to notify eBay. Don't even know if they would care at this point, since an individual is, of course, allowed to sell whatever he wants below value as long as he makes delivery.

Sallie Stout
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-17ft-Deluxe-Casit...1QQcmdZViewItem

Good catch Sallie! This one's a scam. I reported it to eBay. On every auction there's a "report this item" button at the very bottom of the listing. It takes you through a couple of steps and then asks you to email eBay through their messaging system.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #160
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
This is definitely a scam because I saw this same ebay listing this summer when I was looking for a Casita. His ebay account name changes but his e-mail account name is the same. That's how I remember. The photos are of someone else's Casita, he doesn't have one. You can't sell something worth over $12000 for $2900 and include nationwide shipping free!
I asked him three simple questions: Does everything work properly? Where is it located? And how can you ship for free? He only answered one, He had a "friend" in the shipping business. Shipping alone for something like this would cost well over $1000. It's fraud.

Hope this helps.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp