Fiberglass van bodies. Made for EV use. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #1

Name: Rick
Trailer: sprinter looking to tow something
California
Fiberglass van bodies. Made for EV use.

This is kind of a strange one. These are full size -1989-1991 era fiberglass van body/chassis located in SW florida. They are load bearing "unibodies" not built flimsy. They are unfinished, no glass, no doors. AFAIK they are designed to use the stock dodge doors/glass. They were made for US Electricar back in 1990. If you search the web for "u.s. electricar van" you will see what they look like. Last I heard there were ten left. Drop floors meant for batteries are standard, there is no dog house for a v8. So that means extra space inside versus a traditional van interior.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...-bTg-PWXPA.jpg

They might be good for somebody thinking about a scratch build of mini trailer. Start with these and save yourself a lot of trouble. It will look odd, but should be better at keeping water out than a traditional wood DIY teardrop. Or maybe odd is your thing. If you're seriously interested PM me and I'll get you the email or phone number, I don't want to post his info on the web and have random strangers bugging him from here till doomsday. :P

I'm pretty sure he would take a low ball offer. If he hasn't already scrapped them.

Offer $500 for 2 and cut the front ends off, then fiberglass the 2 bodies together. Fill in the wheel wells and what do you get..

If I had the time or talent I'd build a lightweight drag van out of one of these..
Comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #2

Name: Rick
Trailer: sprinter looking to tow something
California
If anybody is interesting in combined freight to the west coast let me know. I might want to stash one or two of these for later if I can find a way to reduce the shipping costs.

Looking at the "road hippo" with a scamp on a flatbed made me think of these. Do some storage compartments where the engine bay and wheel wells are.. Standing height is the one really big piece missing here.
Comp is offline   Reply With Quote