Here's a cool one - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2020, 09:05 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Here's a cool one

Check this out.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...07900276850790
Attached Thumbnails
vw.jpg   vw1.jpg  

vw2.jpg   vw3.jpg  

Old 08-13-2020, 09:40 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Cool ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post

Cool, yes ! But not practical like a Scamp . . or Casita, etc. David in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Cool, yes ! But not practical like a Scamp . . or Casita, etc. David in Fresno and Sonora
Why not? It's a fiberglass camper made in the shape of a VW bus.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:23 AM   #4

Registry
Old 08-13-2020, 01:47 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I followed this company off and on since they started in Britain. The molds were made from actual VW bus bodies.

CindyL
Old 08-13-2020, 02:08 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The Dub Box built in the USA is manufactured in Aurora, Oregon, about 30 miles from my house.

The first time we talked about the Dub Box was 06-17-2011, 04:17 AM. https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ler-46869.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:52 PM   #7

Practical "

Quote:
Why not? It's a fiberglass camper made in the shape of a VW bus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

As most people said, " CUTE" . But "CUTE" don't feed the bulldog ! Axle placement is 'different', more for looks. Different interiors, not much in it ( no fresh water or holding tanks, not the amazing use of space like a Scamp, Casita. . . but also the Price ! ! ! ! CUTENESS abounds, utility and useful features do not . That's why Scamp has been little changed for 40+ years ! David in Fresno and Sonora, (and this week Nevada and Utah). Scamp 13'
Old 08-13-2020, 04:59 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

As most people said, " CUTE" . But "CUTE" don't feed the bulldog ! Axle placement is 'different', more for looks. Different interiors, not much in it ( no fresh water or holding tanks, not the amazing use of space like a Scamp, Casita. . . but also the Price ! ! ! ! CUTENESS abounds, utility and useful features do not . That's why Scamp has been little changed for 40+ years ! David in Fresno and Sonora, (and this week Nevada and Utah). Scamp 13'
Loosen up! As someone who has owned almost every type of fiberglass camper out there at one time or another, Scamp is pretty close to the bottom of my list. They're ok but there are far superior campers out there.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:09 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The Dub Box built in the USA is manufactured in Aurora, Oregon, about 30 miles from my house.

The first time we talked about the Dub Box was 06-17-2011, 04:17 AM. https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ler-46869.html
Donna, LOL, you are pretty much in the center of the universe when it comes to fiberglass campers.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #10

Loosen up ?

Quote:
Loosen up! As someone who has owned almost every type of fiberglass camper out there at one time or another, Scamp is pretty close to the bottom of my list. They're ok but there are far superior campers out there.

Though you may have more money, and may have owned more trailers , my opinion is as good as yours. I have camped for nearly 70 years, in the US and Europe, and I like my current Scamp; the most Bang for the Buck. (Same with my current Compact Jr ) I don't necessarily admire some who buys lots of vehicles, then tries to find one better . Hope you find a good one soon ! David in Fresno and Sonora, and this week NV and Ut. David
Old 08-13-2020, 06:12 PM   #11

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Cool Has Company

Definitely cool! But obviously not everyone’s cup of tea. Speaking of which... the Dub Box was first produced in the UK, then brought to the US.

I’m kind of partial to the Relic for sheer “coolness.”

Name:   IMG_0536.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  26.3 KB

There’s always room for different shapes and approaches to small molded trailers. Small is cool!

Of course, the coolest of them all isn’t so small...

Name:   IMG_0537.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  19.6 KB
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:12 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Though you may have more money, and may have owned more trailers , my opinion is as good as yours. I have camped for nearly 70 years, in the US and Europe, and I like my current Scamp; the most Bang for the Buck. (Same with my current Compact Jr ) I don't necessarily admire some who buys lots of vehicles, then tries to find one better . Hope you find a good one soon ! David in Fresno and Sonora, and this week NV and Ut. David
David it's not about money or anything else. I tried to post a positive image that made me smile. I shared in the hopes that others might smile also. There was never any discussion of it being better than anything else. Be positive and Chill out.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:15 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Definitely cool! But obviously not everyone’s cup of tea. Speaking of which... the Dub Box was first produced in the UK, then brought to the US.

I’m kind of partial to the Relic for sheer “coolness.”
Attachment 136739

There’s always room for different shapes and approaches to small molded trailers. Small is cool!

Of course, the coolest of them all isn’t so small...
Attachment 136740
Agreed the Relic is very cool looking. I would love to own one. Unfortunately the people who bought the molds seem to be holding them hostage considering the prices they want for an empty one.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #14

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Here's a cool one

Relic seems to be in the same price range (mid-upper $20K) as other "premium" 13'ers, like Happier Camper and Armadillo (as well as the Dub Box). Even a well-optioned Scamp 13 Deluxe now crosses the $20K threshold. I don't think the owner of Relic actually manufactures them, but sub-contracts the frame, shell, cabinetry, etc. It's a different business model than Scamp for sure.

I bought my used Scamp for $4K eight years ago, and as much as I enjoy the eye candy, none of them is worth six or seven of mine!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #15

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
When I see the amount of little teardrop trailers on the road, or what I like call "coffins on wheels", I don't see any problem with these, which are much larger than a teardrop. I agree it wouldn't work for me and is catered toward people more interested in style than function, but there's certainly a market for that.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote