Hunter compact - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: In the ma
Texas
Hunter compact

Not good on computer,but hunter compact on Craig's list Dallas Tx. Seems high, just thought it might interest someone.
Packdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Actually it's a TrailsWest, and the seller seems to want to include Compact as a part of it's name.

If it's as good in real life as the pics look, it's not a bad price at all for a turnkey rig. For those that want to buy today and camp tomorrow, here's a link:

Cozy Vintage Camper

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
Seems high to me too. It's also missing the bellows canvas, and missing the upholstery on the cushions. New linoleum and cheap curtains doesn't make it worth $4k - one can often find a decent Scamp13 for that price.
Jake Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
But.... Just because some FGRV's cost less doesn't always mean that a buyer is shopping based on price.

A "Decent Scamp" may offer nothing if it's a Trailswest or Hunter Compact that the buyer is looking at. FWIW: I prefer my Hunter Compact-II over the 13' SCAMP and the 13' Lil Bigfoot in my recent past.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
True enough, but I have seen 6 Hunter/Compact Jr. type trailers sell just this past winter and all of them were selling between $2500-$3000. That seems to be the typical going price around these parts. This one needs new bellows ($$$) and new upholstery ($) and who knows what else. I still say overpriced.
Jake Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #6

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
More important is the shape of the frame and the tires and the lifting mechanism. They often need new canvas. This one has a nice interior. I agree, without new cushion covers included it is probably overpriced. Icebox is gone so buyer needs to think about that, but I think the rig looks to be in pretty good shape.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #7

Name: Tim
Trailer: In the ma
Texas
This trailer is already off of Craig's list. I hope someone on this forum got it.
Packdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote