Hunter Compact? CA $425 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #1

Trailer: Play Pac
Hunter Compact? CA $425

Small fiberglass camper travel trailer

Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I'll bet it is gutted inside at that price and considering the lack of photos, but for a project trailer it might be a good deal.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
10 ft fiberglass trailer with pop top. I believe it is a Hunter Compact II (1970's). The inside is not original. The frame and axle are not original either. Very light weight, could be towed with just about anything(~900 lbs or less). It also has 2 pick points on the roof for lifting with a crane.
NOT MINE (Kevin K)
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #4

Registry
I'm trying to think why anyone wanted to lift their trailer with a crane? That's not uncommon in some boats where there are crane-lifts to put them into the water, but a trailer?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #5

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
OH, she looks so lost and forlorn.
I'm sure I could find a little 13' space in my stable for her to recoup in!
If only she were steam-powered and could come up to the northcoast of Oregon under her own steam...
On the other hand, maybe a GIANT CRANE could lift this TINY EGG up (on her 2 pick-up points) and DROP her on my driveway!!! Yeah, that seems to be the easiest way to solve this BIG geographic problem...
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I hope somebody here grabs that poor puppy.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #7

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Theft prevention
Probably used for tool storage or otherwise kept at a jobsite.
You'll see air compressors hanging from cranes to prevent theft.
Peter_Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #8

Registry
I don't think you could hang a fiberglass trailer filled with tools from a crane unless the roof has been reinforced an awful lot.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
OH, she looks so lost and forlorn.
I'm sure I could find a little 13' space in my stable for her to recoup in!
If only she were steam-powered and could come up to the northcoast of Oregon under her own steam...
12 hour drive or less!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #10

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Osamas hideout.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #11

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I don't think you could hang a fiberglass trailer filled with tools from a crane unless the roof has been reinforced an awful lot.
Not so much thinking tools but as security for the unit...if you stayed in it during the work week then went home on the weekend.
But I'm just making this up as I go - can't think of another reason why you'd want to hang it from a crane
Peter_Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #12

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Poor PUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
I hope somebody here grabs that poor puppy.

I BET that PP (Poor Pup and not Perris Pacer!) was picked up within an hour of their posting that great PRICE!
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #13

Trailer: Compact Jr
looks more like a ,Trails West, to me. looks to narrow for a hunter II
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #14

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilla View Post
Ad is still up.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #15

Name: Rob
Trailer: still looking
California
I'm hope he still have it till tomorrow as I want to check it out the condition overall. By the way I'm new here and would like some opinion (good or bad) about it. I spoke with the owner about a week ago regarding the title and he said the title is registered under utility trailer (PTI) since the frame is not the original as he mentioned in the add. I was wondering if this will be an issue to CA dmv if I want to transfer the title and would they require me (assuming if I'll buy it) to bring it to them so they'll verify if the title correspond the the trailer or camper? What would I need to look at and how hard hard it is to bring it back to a fair good condition (again assuming If still available)? I need your input pls. Thanks
kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #16

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Heath is correct. This trailer is a Trails West Campster. Note the wheel well openings with removable upper section that are missing. Nothing like that on a Compact II. Also, the side windows are rectangles and the side windows on the Compact II are parallelograms.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapitan View Post
What would I need to look at and how hard hard it is to bring it back to a fair good condition (again assuming If still available)? I need your input pls. Thanks
There is a checklist somewhere of things to look at, but particular to this type of trailer: look for cracks in the fiberglass; the square design isn't as good at avoiding them as rounder eggs. Check the poptop mechanism- fabric can be replaced, springs can be replaced, but if none of it is functional you might have a hard time getting parts. The floor is plywood over fiberglass so as long as the fiberglass is good underneath you could replace the floor if you need to; most go spongy near the door first unless there have been leaks.

This trailer uses the kitchen wall-fridge wall as part of its roof support so if that has been removed something should have replaced it.

I had problems with the leaf springs in mine being really sticky and had to have a part replaced (can't remember what it was called but it lets the spring move independent of the trailer, sort of a hinge.) Not a big expense.

Pretty much nothing is a single huge expense- but you can get a whole lot of small expenses if nothing is in working order. Mine was in pretty good shape but right off hand it needed new wiring to the tow, new tires, one new wheel as the spare was a different size, new floor covering (I put it over vinyl that would have been usable) the spring thingy, a propane tank, curtains, upholstery (if I hadn't just made a permanent bed,) and a new wheel jack and something for the outside (I used poli glo so no painting.) And it is nowhere near restored, just made comfortable and in working order.

Bobbie
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #18

Name: Rob
Trailer: still looking
California
Talked to the owner today and someone looked at it yesterday and he will hold it for them till wed. most likely they will take it according to him. I'm back on square 1.
kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote