MI: Scamp 16' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
MI: Scamp 16'

""99 SCAMP 16

Old 09-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #2

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Pretty sure this is a scam. This Scamp is all over Craigslist...from Ohio, to PA, to NY, MI, to Canada. Information in ads changes, but is very brief and just leads me to think somebody's trying to take advantage of Scamp lovers...
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sorry, I just saw this also listed as a SCAM on the FGRV 4 Sale sight.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #4

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
I'll second the scam opinion. Email from them was in part:

Please let me explain to you how this works. You will have to make the payment to Amazon Payments. The shipping will be started in 24 hours after your payment is confirmed. The camper will be delivered in 3 or 4 days. From the moment it arrives at your door, you will have 5 days to test and inspect it. If it doesn't match my description or if you find anything wrong with it, Amazon Payments will refund your money is 3 working days and I will be in charge of the return shipping fee. They will hold the money until you confirm that the camper is as expected. This way we are both protected. I am sure that you have the funds to buy it and you can verify that the camper is as advertised knowing that a 3rd party has the payment secured. In order to start the transaction, please click here to go on Amazon Payments and register, once you do that, Amazon Payments will send you the invoice with all the payment and shipping details.

I don't believe amazon payment provides these type of services and the link provided went to an amazon look alike site in my opinion.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Would someone not in ND email this guy to see if you get an answer? I have tried twice and no dice. I have flagged it as a scam. He is also likely trying the "will ship for free" crap.
Casita Camper
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Gene, I emailed him (from AR) and got a response a couple of hours later. He says someone is looking at it Thursday and will let me know after that. I just did it because you asked; I'm not interested.
Ruth
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Thanks, I have email him twice with no answer. The first email I said I was from ND and asked questions. Some days later I tried again using the craigslist message system. Still no answer.
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp