MI: UHaul CT13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
MI: UHaul CT13

1983 Uhaul Camper 12' Fiberglass

Looks pretty original.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #2

Name: chad
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Wisconsin
do you have a price
715beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 715beagle View Post
do you have a price
This is a referral. The price in the ad is $3850
Old 07-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #4

Name: Bryce
Trailer: U-haul
Michigan
I actually just bought this one last night! We are pretty excited, but it will require a little bit of work.
Andrea F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #5

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Congratulations on your purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea F View Post
I actually just bought this one last night! We are pretty excited, but it will require a little bit of work.
MS. Andrea,
Welcome to the Uhaul Vacation Adventure and these great forums! Lots of great folks, with tons of info, here at FGRV. Also, www.UHaulCamper.com is dedicated to Uhaul's only, which may be of interest to you...

Happy UHaulin and Welcome aboard!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Welcome, looks good. I notice the roof vent is odd looking, and is there an issue with the tail light lens. Be careful with those lights, the lenses are not available. Also looks like the "Uhaul" part of the side decal has been covered over, maybe that can be removed if you want to get back to original, or reproduction decals are available, we put them on ours.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Andrea, Welcome to FGRV where you will find friends you haven't met yet and lots of advice.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #8

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Congratulations, how exciting.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #9

Michigan
Thanks!

Thanks everyone! We are currently in the process of stripping it out. The mold and interior damage is far worse than we expected, but we are optimistic. We have torn out all the carpeting, and are getting ready to sanitize the interior head to toe. We are re-sealing the windows, and yes, the fan on the outside is dented. We are also re-wiring the lights. We had quite a bit of trouble getting it home, (a three hour trip each way in the rain!) but the officers who pulled us over actually had some great suggestions about the lighting! The back woods of Michigan have some of the best people.

I really wanted to put vinyl flooring in it, but that's looking less possible now that we ripped up the carpeting. It's not smooth enough underneath, so indoor-outdoor carpeting it is!

I absolutely love this forum, and have been reading is endlessly since we picked up our new mini-home.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #10

New York
We just installed new carpet in ours because it was the easiest thing to do, like you say it's not a smooth floor. Others have put in other types of flooring, not sure how they did it, perhaps put down thin plywood. VERY IMPORTANT, while you have the carpet out replace the body to frame bolts that go through the floor. You may likely find that the part of the bolt that is in the floor is rusted almost away. Other body bolts can be found in the storage areas and under the sink, now is the time to do it. Resealing windows, that is a whole other discussion, they may need to be rebuilt or new weatherstrip installed. Lots of info here on that. Uhaul windows typically leak. I completely rewired our trailer, 12 volt and 110 and installed a new power converter.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #11

Michigan
Thank you! My husband immediately recognized the bolt problem as soon as he read this. I think we are going to try either a plywood base for our vinyl flooring, or just carpet like you did. He's sanding off (lightly) the glue that held all the carpet on as we speak.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #12

New York
We have to credit Tom for first pointing out the bolt problem, at least that's where I first heard about it. Use the large head elevator bolts like the originals.

Tags
uhaul