Referal: fixer Campster, Seattle craigslist $1,500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #1

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Referal: fixer Campster, Seattle craigslist $1,500

Good way to get into the FGRV game if you are a DIY person who really needs one of the lightweight popups for a 4 cylinder tow vehicle.

This one has been gutted but appears to be towable as is.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/rvs/6175898276.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	00h0h_9q0gJCoimcX_600x450.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	107364
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #2

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Verrrrrrry interesting!

thanks, K. C.

I can feel the lure of a super project!
. Hope someone gets it and makes it great!

BEST
Kai.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
That's a good price for one of those, and you get to do it how you want it.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #4

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
That's a good price for one of those, and you get to do it how you want it.
That is how I got my Campster, it needed gutting and was the same price as this one. Of course I had to drive all the way to Oregon, it would have been nice to have found one right in Seattle such as this one.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:06 PM   #5

Registry
I'm surprised it isn't sold...these things skyrocket during camping season. Someone could easily make late summer with it if they stay after it.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #6

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
I'm surprised it isn't sold...these things skyrocket during camping season. Someone could easily make late summer with it if they stay after it.
The photos of the interior will scare off most buyers other than those who specifically understand what they are looking at. Meaning the DIY types on the FGRV forum A lot of us here realize that under the rotted wood flooring there is an intact fiberglass shell. Of course one does not know without inspecting it in person the condition of the trailer frame.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #7

Registry
I agree with k. corbin--this is a BIG project! Lucky to have it finished by the beginning of NEXT summer. And it's going to cost at least $3-5,000 to redo it without using anything special. Scrounging, scavenging, and making do to boot on top of all that must be purchased new for it.

It'd be real, and it'd be fun, but it wouldn't be real fun unless DIY is really your thing!

Maybe there are some out there who could get it done in two or three months...maybe.

We've really talked about it...but in the end, it's still a smaller rig than we feel comfortable in. Be nice to get it in the garage, though!
Old 06-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #8

Registry
Sellers says....you could toss in a mattress and start at once..he's kinda right. Of course if you want it all redone, then yes...bunch of work to do but there are different goals for everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2104.JPG  
Old 06-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #9

Registry
Sellers says....you could toss in a mattress and start at once..he's kinda right. Of course if you want it all redone, then yes...bunch of work to do but there are different goals for everyone.

Yes, the seller did indeed clearly say that on his Craigslist ad. Throw a mattress in the back and camp now.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #10

Oregon
Ready to throw a mattress in and go camping??? That owner is obviously stretching it way beyond the truth. The plywood floor is visibly rotted with large missing areas of it. You should not walk on the fiberglass shell without new plywood installed.
But someone with high energy and a strong back can sort that out in a couple of weekends with a hundred bucks or so.

As to sorting out the cause of the leaks...anyone's guess as to how much time that will require or how much money. I had to redo my windows with new seals throughout them. I had to replace the gasket on the door, put a cap over the door to divert water, replace the wood frame and canvas and the bulb seal at the bottom of the popup top. I also had to patch in some fiberglass where there were numerous holes such as where the ledge for the seats was attached to the shell. Also I had to remove some rotted floor and patch in a new piece. I have put in lots of labor time and also money for materials just to fix the basic issues with the structure so I could begin to get ready to put in a new interior.

Tags
campster