Referral: 1987 Bigfoot 5th wheel $1,450.00 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Referral: 1987 Bigfoot 5th wheel $1,450.00

I saw this ad on the Portland, Oregon craigslist:

1987 bigfoot 5th wheel trailer

Sorry I don't know how to post pictures over to this site from there.

***NOTE: As a previous Bigfoot 5th wheel owner these trailer were only 20 ft. long- they didn't build any 18 fts.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
That might be the deal of the year depending on the condition. Heck it's the deal of the year anyway!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
Heck it's the deal of the year anyway!
Thinking of Triplets?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #4

Registry
Nope...we have storage issues.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #5

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Something's not quite right with this item for sale...
I told Chuck & Deb yesterday that I'd called on it Saturday morning (the day after it was posted on Craigslist) and was told that he thought he had it sold and was waiting for Monday (today) for the buyer to come up with the money. I asked him to put me down on his short list, if the sale fell through.
Well, when I cruised the Portland Craigslist this morning, I noticed that he re-posted his ad, didn't change price or anything, and he wouldn't have had to repost it that early, as his ad had five more days to run before it expired...I found that kind of odd.
What buyer couldn't access $1450 on a FRIDAY, when the banks are open...
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
When I saw the price, I could not help but think that it seemed too good to be true.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
5th wheel

I did a "reverse directory lookup" on the number. It's a cell phone, of course, so I can't even suggest that an address for you to cruise past......
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #8

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
...just COULD NOT help myself!

Well, I took a little road trip to see it. The digital pics, like ALWAYS, make trailers look so much better than they really are...
It's been sitting in the rain, with no heat, no Dry'Z'Air crystals...forever and despite looking fairly sound (fiberglass trailer shells NEVER die, unless crashed), it will need plenty of work. The cabinetry inside needs help, the counter tops have some cigarette burns...shows the amount of LACK of CARING that someone had for this trailer. The only thing the new seller did(he had it for 4-6 months) was put some new carpet down (not completely down and finished, going up the stairs to the upstairs/overhead bed). The seller has it now sitting in the back of a small RV place, where the old dead Stickie trailers also sit, waiting for Redemption.
It is a TRUE BEHEMOTH of a trailer. LARGE and HEAVY...and very DIRTY (didn't even bother to pressure wash the outside).
If someone wants this great weight/high gas consumption (for something lighter like a 17' BF...that has essentially the same space/beds) and has a 5th wheel hitch...it's cheap and well worth it, if you have the fixer-upper skills. Maybe for a permanent based office or beach cabin.
He will even take LESS.
Yes, it does have a title from the previous owner, (a friend of this young seller).
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #9

Registry
Thanks for going to look at it. It still sounds like a great deal.

It is not a true behemoth of a trailer, as 5th wheels go it is about as small as you can find. It is nothing like a 17' Bigfoot. Being a 5th wheel it has a full time queen sized bed or can be changed to a full time twin set up fairly easily. It can seat 6-8 people comfortably for a meal or playing games without having to fuss with a dinette to bed and back. The non wet bathroom is big and usable. Hubby and I dance in the "isle" and there is still butt room for someone to pass.

I love them if it was closer as Fred says we would have triplets.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #10

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Not my trailer

Name:   5I55N85M53k23G43Jec1k25dce828a8d71246.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  5.2 KB

Name:   5L35I75Ka3M63N73lcc1kc744122b425716a8.jpg
Size:  7.3 KB

Name:   5V45G75F93G13La3H9c1ke23d5d811f4f1d58.jpg
Size:  7.1 KB

Name:   50840s5aa81.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  6.9 KB
1987 Bigfoot Fiberglass 5th wheel trailer - $1150 (vancouver)

Date: 2012-01-22, 5:45PM PST
Reply to: sale-y8ksy-2806216540@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
1987 Bigfoot travel trailer all fiberglass single axle 20 ft in good shape no leaks no rot has brand new carpet a double sink 4 burner stove heater table refridgerator
toilet and shower queen size bed.
MUST SELL MAKE OFFER if interested please call me $1150 OBO 971 344 4920
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #11

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Why do the Bigfoot 5th wheels have such a hard time selling? I suppose that people in the market for a 5th wheel are probably looking for something bigger, and those in the market for an egg are looking for something smaller.

While I have not gone to look at it, this trailer has sat on Kijiji for months.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-49687.html
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #12

Registry
David, I think they are not advertising in the right market. They need to advertise here. And let's face it the RV market as a whole has taken a dive. There are plenty Bigfoot 5th available in Canada. That was where they were when I was searching for them. In the states they are very few and far between. When we decide which one to keep we will be selling one of ours, I hope being in the states we won't have trouble selling it.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Don't have the right tow vehicle.
I am curious. Are Bigfoots tall enough for a 6'1" hubby?

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Don't have the right tow vehicle.
I am curious. Are Bigfoots tall enough for a 6'1" hubby?
CindyL
Yes they are. The different body styles have different amount of room but both are fine for my 6'2" hubby. In our single axle I can do jumping jacks and in the dual axle I can't but it still has head room.

If we could just find a dual axle with the single axles headroom that would be the best ever!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #15

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Bigfoot 5th Wheels

Allow me to weigh in and echo Lizbeth's comments. The Bigfoot 5th wheel was one of the few that my 6'3" Chris fits nicely in. The floor plan works out great for our family. We love having the full-time, truly queen size bed. It's so nice not to have to set it up and take it down every day and night!

The Bigfoot 5th wheel may look large if you're used to cute little 13-foot trailers. Really, it's a very comfortable size. It's only 20 feet, only 3 feet longer than the Bigfoot 17. Our 5th wheel looks absolutely tiny when parked next to stick-built trailers.

I can think of a couple of reasons why fifth wheels are a bit harder to sell. First, you have to have a pickup. Literally the cart before the horse quandary (been there, done that).

Second, the Bigfoot 5th wheels that are out there are getting pretty darn OLD. Keep in mind that Bigfoot stopped making fifth wheels in 1994 and it seems like most of them are from the 80s. They hold up well, but not if they don't get plenty of TLC, like all fiberglass trailers. I'm very fortunate to married to a talented fixer-upper who enjoys renovating Bigfoots. We've had three so far. I know, it sounds crazy but it kind of gets in your blood.

I wouldn't tackle any trailer that needs fixing up unless you really want to put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into it. Also, by the sounds of it, this listing probably has cigarette smell -- a deal breaker in my book.

And Lizbeth is also right that these models are hard to come by in the USA. There are more in Canada, but then you're faced with import restrictions that make it next to impossible to bring one across the border.

Maureen
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen M. View Post
Allow me to weigh in and echo Lizbeth's comments. The Bigfoot 5th wheel was one of the few that my 6'3" Chris fits nicely in. The floor plan works out great for our family. We love having the full-time, truly queen size bed. It's so nice not to have to set it up and take it down every day and night!

The Bigfoot 5th wheel may look large if you're used to cute little 13-foot trailers. Really, it's a very comfortable size. It's only 20 feet, only 3 feet longer than the Bigfoot 17. Our 5th wheel looks absolutely tiny when parked next to stick-built trailers.

I can think of a couple of reasons why fifth wheels are a bit harder to sell. First, you have to have a pickup. Literally the cart before the horse quandary (been there, done that).

Second, the Bigfoot 5th wheels that are out there are getting pretty darn OLD. Keep in mind that Bigfoot stopped making fifth wheels in 1994 and it seems like most of them are from the 80s. They hold up well, but not if they don't get plenty of TLC, like all fiberglass trailers. I'm very fortunate to married to a talented fixer-upper who enjoys renovating Bigfoots. We've had three so far. I know, it sounds crazy but it kind of gets in your blood.

I wouldn't tackle any trailer that needs fixing up unless you really want to put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into it. Also, by the sounds of it, this listing probably has cigarette smell -- a deal breaker in my book.

And Lizbeth is also right that these models are hard to come by in the USA. There are more in Canada, but then you're faced with import restrictions that make it next to impossible to bring one across the border.

Maureen
I would like to add one thing to what Maureen said as the former owner of not only a Bigfoot 5th wheel but 5 others ( presently have a 19 ft. bumper pull Bigfoot in our collection that will go up for sale shortly). Another issue or maybe problem depending on how you look at it is that not only do you need pickup to tow one of these, because they are heavy and you can't tow one with a 4 cylinder or even 6 cylinder as some people have tried to do. Expect the weight of one of these to be about 5,000 pounds.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot