Restored flat top boler in BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Restored flat top boler in BC

I think 1970 as the year may be wrong. I thought they only made flat tops in '68 and '69. Already sent a polite email asking about it but no response (I stated I wasn't a buyer). More pics at the link.

Rare, one-of-a-kind Boler - Vancouver Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Vancouver Canada.

Date Listed 25-May-12
Last Edited 04-Jun-12
Price $9,200.00
Address Fraser Valley E, BC V4Z 1B8, Canada
View map
For Sale By Owner
Year 1970
Colour Other
Ready for another season in The Great Outdoors + a sound investment!

If you’re looking to hit the campground in style then this 42 year old, one-of-a-kind Boler is definitely for you. This funky little vintage trailer turns heads and stimulates conversation wherever it goes. One of the original 13' Flat-Tops (Stamped with serial #123 off the line).

- Custom paint.
- Beautiful interior w / custom vinyl upholstery (easy to clean).
- 110v Bar fridge.
- Propane stove.
- Bunk Bead (trailer sleeps 2 adults and 2 kids).
- 900 pnds dry weight (can easily be towed by a car or minivan).
- 4 prong connection & 1 7/8" hitch.
- Minimalist & vintage look / feel.

PRICE IS FIRM.
Attached Thumbnails
$(KGrHqFHJCcE-ffTjhSNBPv-jrGsF!~~48_20.JPG   $(KGrHqZHJCgE-edmB9lLBPv-hj1Blw~~48_20.JPG  

$(KGrHqVHJBEE-b5pZ0LGBPv-jktc2w~~48_20.JPG   $(KGrHqR,!noE-zwFmZRgBPv-jlyITg~~48_20.JPG  

(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1300 1969 (flat roof)
I'm pretty sure he has posted on here before, I remember the paint job. Looks like he did a really nice clean restoration. I hope to have mine looking this good one day.

I don't think we can say for sure that his is not a '70. It is widely stated (from only one newspaper article that I can find), that there were only 100 flat tops produced and only the first 40 were made without insulation and that all of those were recalled to add it. But here are two flat tops with higher numbers and his as well as mine did not come with insulation. Plus it might be possible that it was registered as the model year in which it was sold.

One interesting thing I see he has done is to add what looks like a small bolt to the stamped metal door hinges. The hinge pivot on mine is a flat rivet and is so worn that it seems like the door might pop off. I think I'll try the bolt repair.

Kevin
Old 06-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #3

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
At that price he will own it for many more years.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #4

British Columbia
Registry
Hi Kevin,

Good point about it being registered the sale year. I was thinking it was earlier because mine is stamped 183 and is a '69. I think I found the stamp due to one of your older posts, thx. I asked if he had papers. How do you figure his came without insulation? Through the pics or older posting here? If anyone has a link to more on this boler I'd be interested. tried searches with no luck.

Thx
(#183)
Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1300 1969 (flat roof)
Knew I remembered this one, here's his post about it from a couple years ago, another Mark with a flat top boler. Not sure he is the current seller as he mentioned in that thread he might be selling it.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-43995.html

Regarding the insulation, in his original pics it looks like the bare fibreglass and you can barely see a seam line where the two halves are joined together which looks identical to photos of the same seam line in mine. Almost all the flat tops I've seen have had no insulation. I imagine that even if a recall was issued, not too many owners would have bothered to bring their bolers back.

Interesting about the serial number and year, his is #123 and a '70 while yours is #183 and a '69. Probably a couple possibilities, his boler might have sat on a dealers lot and sold in 1970 and thus registered as a 1970 model, or been registered as a '70 later in its life. Without having any actual information, it seems likely that all of our flat tops were made in 1968 and 1969.

His price does seem high, but I bet it barely represents the time and materials he's put into it. Plus, prices for bolers out in BC seem sky high, even for non-restored ones. If I ever decide to sell mine, I will be making one last trip out west with it for sure.

Kevin
Old 07-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
He posted that he sold it in Aug of last year thus how it ended up in BC. More photos and price located here
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #7

British Columbia
Registry
Thanks for the link Carol.
Looks like someone's trying to make a pretty penny!! My guess is they bought in Saskatchewan and brought it here for resale. Maybe they found it didn't meet their needs or perhaps it was just to make the mark-up! Asking price in 2011, $5000. Asking price in 2012, $9200. Looks like there's been a bit of work on the trailer but still..
(#183)
Old 07-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
It appears that way. I know that things cost more in BC but......
The OP might want to PM the original seller for clarification on the year it was actually manufactured..
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler