Trillium 5500 for sale in Ontario by original owner!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #1

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_RV_deta...ntario&r=40

no price listed, unfotunately
Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Wow what a beauty!
Attached Images

Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #3

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Hi,
I talked to the owner. His name is Frank. Nice guy. Never heard of our website. I shared this info with him. He is asking $6,500 for his 1981 Trillium 5500 that he and his wife had made in Markham, ON right from the factory. Let me know if anyone buys this beauty from here. I talked to Frank said the weight is 2000 lbs.
Good Luck,
"The Trillium King"
Dave
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
I spoke to the owner. It is in London ON, has had new axles and a larger frig installed. One owner. Sounds great and a steal at $6500. If I had a tug bigger than the Toyota Sienna I'd have bought yesterday!
Alistair in The Road Toad
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 78 Trillium 13 ft / 2003 F150
Great looking rig!
Does anyone have any idea how much the 5500 weighs?
Thanks, Larry H

AARGH! Belay that request. Guess it helps to thoroughly read the previous posts in a thread!
Larry C Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:14 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
I think Doug Roach who has a5500 told me about 2200lbs (jump in here Doug if you're lurking) This owner towed with an Expedition...Doug uses a v8 Dakota. The Trill has a sway bar on the hitch. I could prolly retrofit the Sienna with new hitch, brake controller, air bags, and tranny & oil cooler, but decided to stay with the 1300 till the Lotto Max numbers come my way!
But I know you gotta have rear wheel drive and a full frame on the tug.
Alistair (still) in the Road Toad
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #7

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Norma and I bought it !! We are so excited !! I will be leaving Monday or Tuesday to pick it up in Port Huron, Michigan. It is a long trip from Twin Falls, Idaho but we think it is well worth it. We will keep everybody posted as to progress. The Trillium is being sold by a very nice couple and we look forward to meeting them. Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #8

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Lee, congratulations on such a beauty! I think it is well worth it! Quite a drive, you are right. I just drove from Madison WI to Milton ON via Port Huron, having Cafe Egg in tow. Please, please share some pics with us once you get it!
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #9

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
Norma and I bought it !! We are so excited !! I will be leaving Monday or Tuesday to pick it up in Port Huron, Michigan. It is a long trip from Twin Falls, Idaho but we think it is well worth it. We will keep everybody posted as to progress. The Trillium is being sold by a very nice couple and we look forward to meeting them. Lee and Norma
Lee & Norma,
First off...congratulations As you may have read my post, I talked to Frank 3 times. Very nice guy. A great value. I live about 1 1/2 hours from Port Huron, MI. My wife, son and I live in Howell, MI. Depending on when you come back through maybe we can meet. I would love to see your "Ultra Rare Gem". She's a real beauty!!!!
"The Trillium King"
Dave
My phone# is (517) 552-7203
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #10

Dave I will be on quite a "forced march" but will keep in touch and see if we can meet somewere. I will probably pick the trailer up sometime mid morning Thursday of next week. I found Howell on the map and it is not far off my tenatative route. Any assistance you might have as to the easiest and less trafficked routes in the area would be appreciated Lee
Old 07-23-2010, 10:56 PM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Lee,

Congrats!

Several of us are camping Thursday night, July 28, at Waterloo Portage Lake Campground (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=40743) if you want to join us. Two of us have UHauls, although the larger kind.

CindyL
Old 07-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Cool!! Does that mean we'll get to see it at the Fall NOG?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #13

Donna we are jumping for joy and Norma and I will be in space A24 !! We are not counting our chickens before they hatch. We will really celebrate when I have the Trillium hooked to the Dodge and am headed home. Lee and Norma
Old 07-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Lee,

Congrats!

Several of us are camping Thursday night, July 28, at Waterloo Portage Lake Campground (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=40743) if you want to join us. Two of us have UHauls, although the larger kind.

CindyL
Cindy I would indeed love to meet you folks at Waterloo. If all works out as planned I will be heading back mid-afternoon Thursday the 28th ( however as you probably are well aware things seldom go as planned ). From what I can see on the map that would make an overnight at Waterloo a possibility. Worst case I hope to be headed back no later than Friday the 29th and could meet up then. How can I keep in touch so I can find you guys ? Also can I possibly have someone's cell phone number so I can call you at the campground and get a spot reserved ? Since it is not a weekend I am assuming that all spots will not be taken ? Thanks for the invite. Lee P.S. Norma and I currently have a 13 foot Uhaul which we have completely remodeled. Although the bigger Trillium will expand our travel ability it is going to break our heart to part with the Uhaul as we have such special memories of the trips we have made and the wonderful people we have met as a result.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #15

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I know. I miss our smaller Burro for its cuteness and the memories, but the additional space of our VT is great.

I will email Roy in TO who organized it and pass the information onto the hubby who has the contact information for the campground. They planned this when I was teaching a one week class. During the one week classes, I have to drop out of the land of the living.

Should be a nice get-together.

CindyL
Old 07-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #16

Quote:
I know. I miss our smaller Burro for its cuteness and the memories, but the additional space of our VT is great.

I will email Roy in TO who organized it and pass the information onto the hubby who has the contact information for the campground. They planned this when I was teaching a one week class. During the one week classes, I have to drop out of the land of the living.

Should be a nice get-together.

CindyL
Cindy Thanks i will wait to hear from Roy. Hopefully a couple of days of " fiberglass R & R " will put you back on your feet !! Lee
Old 07-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #17

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
Yay, someone on the FG forum bought it! We found our Trillium on this site and now by posting a referral we've been able to return the favour . Have a safe jouney picking up your new pride and joy, Lee and Norma.

Phil
Phil 4500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil 4500 View Post
Yay, someone on the FG forum bought it! We found our Trillium on this site and now by posting a referral we've been able to return the favour . Have a safe jouney picking up your new pride and joy, Lee and Norma.

Phil
Phil Our thanks go out to you !! This is not something we were planning on. But I saw your referral, did some quick math and determined that by selling our current 13 foot Uhaul we could move up to a somewhat larger trailer for a somewhat nominal amount. With that discovery we quickly moved from why? to why not. Thanks to members like you and all the other helpful people on this forum we function like a tight knit family to everyone's benefit. Thanks again Lee and Norma
Old 07-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #19

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
Cindy Thanks i will wait to hear from Roy.
Hi Lee,

I believe I just sent you a PM.

The board seems to have changed since we left on our trip last week. I had cleared my PM's out before leaving to try to allow people to contact me. But when I logged in earlier today my messages here were filled well beyond capacity.
If you need to contact me, please try my email from my profile. If necessary we can give you a cell number but it will cost over $5 a minute for us on US roaming charges and Carol Ann's boss may not like the bill.

Hope to see you if we can. Maybe Cindy or one of the others can pipe in with directions or phone #'s.

Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Lee,

Does this mean you'll be selling your U-Haul?
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium