WA: Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
WA: Parkliner

2011 ParkLiner molded fiberglass travel trailer

Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
So is this #1 or #2?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #3

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Good deal and already on the west coast!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I wonder why, this is the second resale I've seen of these.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #5

New Jersey
Registry
Well there is always the possibility of too small, money issues, health issues etc. I was baffled about Harry selling his ParkLiner... I've towed it almost 800 miles towers well except when its really windy but I'm taking care of that problem. Everything works.

Some people could think its too small...I have 3 sets of friends with 30+ foot trailers with slide outs....but so far 2 have told me I'm lucky and stay small. I lived in a 27 foot sailboat for several years...I'm ok with the size....but some will always want more room.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 04-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #6

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
It's a mystery to me. If I didn't already own one, I'd go for this deal. Except, of course, there is a whole country between here and there. I love ours and can't imagine parting with it without very good cause.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #7

New Jersey
Registry
I feel the same way...I love mine and look forward to many crazy adventures!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #8

New Jersey
Registry
I think its this one http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ers-56251.html

They also own an escape 19 and are recently retired... guess they are keeping the larger one.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 AM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
So this is listed in "Referrals" and I am wondering if the owners will be posting it here on the forum. I don't know, I just have to say that when I see units go up for sale for quickly that it puts that manufacturer on the back burner for me. I do know that a lot of people buy on an impulse, some people even buy for a vacation or two and hope to regain most of their money versus staying in motels, health and financial changes, etc. I think we do probably notice it more in a smaller market. We have looked at a lot of used stick trailers and many, even when a few years old, look like they were not used at all and they are not that easy to keep clean/maintained without wear showing if you are using them. I bet this won't last long on the market though.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #10

New Jersey
Registry
especially on the west coast

Old 04-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think this may be LindaK and Pete's Parkliner. They DO have a 19' Escape, so if it's theirs, it's not like they'll be all molded trailerless. We can speculate all we want about why folks sell, but if you really want to know... ask them.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #12

New Jersey
Registry
Yeah I was right, it was the link I posted. I got an email back from Linda...

Hi Deryk,
We have #2. We are selling our ParkLiner because we have an Escape 19ft. and have decided that one trailer is enough.
Happy trails,
Linda

Old 04-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #13

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Once i saw the picture i knew it was Linda and Pete's rig...i remember the nice yard and setup they had when we visited with Pete before placing our order. It makes sense to sell the smaller of the two trailers for their use after talking with Pete that day...it seemed like it was only a matter of time before they put the PL up for sale.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
ParkLiner in WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
So this is listed in "Referrals" and I am wondering if the owners will be posting it here on the forum. I don't know, I just have to say that when I see units go up for sale for quickly that it puts that manufacturer on the back burner for me. I do know that a lot of people buy on an impulse, some people even buy for a vacation or two and hope to regain most of their money versus staying in motels, health and financial changes, etc. I think we do probably notice it more in a smaller market. We have looked at a lot of used stick trailers and many, even when a few years old, look like they were not used at all and they are not that easy to keep clean/maintained without wear showing if you are using them. I bet this won't last long on the market though.
We think our ParkLiner is sold. We will know for sure Tuesday afternoon. We purchased the ParkLiner thinking that it would be an easier trailer to hook up and go on short trips. No WDH hitch, no black tank (porta potty), we could leave the queen bed made and still have a small dinette. While there are great things about the ParkLiner (I love the open feeling and the queen bed, and a bathroom!), we did note that we got the same gas mileage pulling the ParkLiner as we did with our 19ft. Escape (our tow vehicle is a V-8 4-Runner). We also had some issues with the ParkLiner in comparison to the Escape (I will address that at a later date) concerning quality. When we purchased the ParkLiner, we knew that we wouldn't have any trouble selling it if we changed our minds about having a second trailer.

There was lots of interest on the PL; if the deal tomorrow falls through, there are others who are still interested. As has been said many times on this forum in numerous threads, it is all about personal preference. One just needs to look at what is most important to them in a camping trailer and find the one that best suits their needs. We feel that molded fiberglass is the only option for us and we are glad that we happened upon Escape trailers. Our 19ft. Escape is our third Escape trailer; they just keep getting better!

On another thread, someone mentioned that Escapes are popular because of all of the advertising. The reality is, Escapes sell by word of mouth. When you see one in person, you can see the difference. Before Reace began building Escape trailers, he had a trailer rental and repair business. He began to notice a number of issues with molded fiberglass trailers and felt he could make one that was better. He did that and his trailers keep improving and getting better. He started out slowly; as more and more Escapes came on the market, the popularity increased because people liked what they saw. We love our Escape 19ft. We liked many things about the ParkLiner.

It is sad to see people arguing about which trailer is better rather than just seeing that it is all a matter of personal opinion and personal experience. We are glad that there are so many molded fiberglass options out there!

I would be happy to answer more specific questions about either of our trailers and/or our experiences with the companies. We have also owned a number of stick-built trailers as well as 4 different Bigfoot trailers. There are advantages (and disadvantages) to all of them.

Happy trails!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #15

New Jersey
Registry
"We also had some issues with the ParkLiner in comparison to the Escape (I will address that at a later date) concerning quality."

looking forward to hearing more...

Old 04-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #16

Upstate New York
I second Deryk's request. Our experience has been darn near perfect so far. Is there something I should be watching for?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
I second Deryk's request. Our experience has been darn near perfect so far. Is there something I should be watching for?
The ParkLiner is a great trailer. I am sure that there have been numerous improvements since ours came off the line. I am working on a little web page as I have been documenting my trailer experiences and will let you know when it is up and running. There were some things on our trailer that needed fixing (mostly cosmetic) and we just didn't want to spend the time it would take fixing them. We have one great trailer (an Escape 19ft.) and our experiment testing the ownership of two trailers, one smaller one, failed. We just don't want to deal with two trailers. So, don't worry. You have a great trailer and I am glad that you are happy with it. It is unique in many ways.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #18

Upstate New York
Thanks for the reassurance Linda. I have gone through every square inch and haven't found a problem so far. Of course, I haven't actually laid on the ground and crawled underneath. Here in upstate NY we still have snowbanks that haven't completely melted and our gravel drive is still pretty soggy. Oh, yeah, we had snow flurries for about an hour yesterday morning. Where is spring???

Old 04-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #19

New Jersey
Registry
Yeah thanks was wondering if there was something I missed. I know I have planned improvements that will get done as time and money permit...but I like my ParkLiner!

Old 04-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #20

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
...I like my ParkLiner!
DITTO!

The fit and finish on our #35 is equal to or above any i recall being in at an RV show over the last few years. And if you recall, cari and i live full time in a Mobile Suite, arguably one of the finest homes-with-wheels and we are kinda finicky as to the quality of the things we call ours. Not snobs, rather we are frugal and do our research and will purchase items we presume will have lasting value. ParkLiner fits that well.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner